1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New here, Asking for Advice on Getting a Newer Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by createkindness, May 26, 2020.

1. createkindness

createkindness New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi All, Hope you're safe and well!

This is my first time posting so I'm not quite sure how to do this.
    I have so loved and appreciated the words of wisdom on this forum ever since I bought my first Prius several years ago...a 2004 Prius, don't know trim level, with Smart Key feature: push button start and door unlock, just turned over 165k miles with original hybrid battery and just replaced original 12v. Only 3 issues that have been annoying: RW defroster doesn't work, driver's side window whistles, and rubber cracking on both rear windows. I have been interested in a back up camera but they came out the next year, so I've looked at alternatives.

My question is a friend told me of a Prius 2010 selling for $7500, with lots of bells and whistles, and me and my starry eyes are considering it. I have used Mobile Mechanic to do a pre-purchase check on a car before I would decide to purchase in the past, but I can't find any that are functioning now. 2010 Prius has back up camera, navigation, moon roof and solar panel, smart key. A big plus is the hybrid battery was under warranty and was just replaced by dealer. Has electric mode, eco mode and turbo mode on engine. It looks to be in great shape, except for a small ding/rust on the bottom outside corner of the DS door where it looks as though it was caught on something. Also, I don't know if this is good or bad, but the guy selling it buys and sells cars on the side, apparently this was a trade in. Please tell me any pros/cons, anything to look out for, consider. Appreciate your feedback!