1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Here looking for advice

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by MinixPri, Jul 4, 2013.

1. MinixPri

MinixPri New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I do agree with you on comfort but I did test a Prius with softex and I thought is was pretty comfy. The reasons I am looking at a Prius is mpg, going with a cvt transmission electric drive. As well as the fives advanced technology features. If that makes sense. There's a lot more but I don't want to bore anyone ;)

2. prius_in_pa

prius_in_pa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three

I forget which car I was looking at besides the Prius. But I remember that I paid $4000 more for the Prius than the other gas-only car which was similar in size. In addition, I paid another $2000 for extended warranty to cover the Prius computer and battery. That is a total of $6000 extra. The other car's MPG was 35. My calculation is that the Prius will save me close to $700 per year in gas. So it will take me 8 years to recoup my $6000 upfront cost. Is it worth it? Financially speaking, it's a NO. But I'm doing it to be green. at least as much as possible.

However, there's another way to compare the Prius with the other car I was looking at. If my daily commutes involve heavy traffic congestion and many miles of city driving, then the Prius is definitely the way to go. In this type of condition, hybrids will always win.