1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New in Wisconsin...sort of

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Dave M., Mar 16, 2014.

1. Dave M.

Dave M. New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just picked up a 2009 Prius yesterday from my favorite local dealer (can I say whom? Jack Safro in Brookfield WI...they have treated me and my family right for 24 years). This is my third Prius from them since my first one in 2003.

It was an interesting sale...I traded in a 2011 Toyota Tacoma (great truck, BTW...manual everything, 4WD...just the way I wanted it) for the car. What made it interesting is that when I bought the truck, I traded in a...2009 Prius! The car I got yesterday is almost exactly what I traded in back in 2011, but with about 9000 FEWER miles (74k then, 65k now) and a different color.

When I drove it home, it was like I never left...I still remember all the nuances of driving a hybrid: moderate acceleration, a steady foot on flat ground to go in stealth mode, and the song of silence at stop lights.

So anyway, I'm back in the fold, going from 22 MPG to 50+ MPG. Gas mileage is like crack...once you have it, you want more! Now that I have a hybrid again, I'm tempted to get the EV and auto lock mods form Coastal E-tech. Has anybody else here used them?