1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New install - red panel light stays on even though BMS says all cell voltages well above 3.1

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by SFGiant-and-Plugin-Fan, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Simtronic

Simtronic Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Business Ed. Plus
    I have mounted mine with a couple of bars and wing-nuts, so I can remove the kit for long journeys or to access the spare. The red light was the one on the switch, it would flicker on and off at times but at first was on all the time the kit was on. Never when off though. I fitted rubber to stop any rattles from my clamps. The red triangle was a one off, never came back and I have no idea what caused it.

2. SFGiant-and-Plugin-Fan

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It seems that my problem with the red light on the switch panel was cause by a short inthe switch. Jack sent me a new switch and all is well. I have not noticed rattling from the kit, but will keep in mind the rubber as a solution if I do.

I have taken out the spare tire. I may take it with me for long trips. I don't plan on taking the kit out though, figuring that any FE loss due to increased weight will be gained back by use of the kit during rest stops and when I get to my destination (also hoping I'll find places to plug-in when I get there). I now use the spare tire well to store a spare, retractable 14 gauge electrical cord rigged so it will pull out and retract from the wheel well drain. My main plug-in is behind the front license plate, but when I need extra cord or if I want to plug in from the back I have it fixed so I can switch to the back retractable for charging.