1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Inverter Coolant Pump, No Joy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Duncwarw, May 14, 2024.

1. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I don't have the number offhand, but in case nobody else comes around with it and you need to look it up yourself, this post may make it less of a challenge.

Of course you'd be clicking in Engine Compartment, not Body (which was just for that example).

Duncwarw likes this.
  2. Duncwarw

Duncwarw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The positive wire broke off at the plug when I touched it.
    I jumpered the pump and bled the system. Now to find that plug and go back to the missing ECU problem...

bisco likes this.
  3. Duncwarw

Duncwarw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In an effort to "give back" in the hope that I can help someone else, the Toyota part number for the inverter pump power plug is 90980-11162.

The stealership sells the plug and wires as three distinct parts ( the plug, the positive wire and negative wire), each wire costs about 10 bucks resulting in about $40 to you.

The wires are a few inches long with connectors already attached. You just snap them into the plug and connect the other ends to your wiring harness.

Fwiw, I also bought the parts in one piece from Amazon for , I think $14. Already assembled but lacking the "filling". I'd use silicone sealant or the like. Obviously, I didn't use the Amazon plug (yet) so I can't comment on its quality.

mr_guy_mann likes this.