1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New iPhone 6s not pairing

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Dr_DLH, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Dr_DLH

Dr_DLH Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi all, I just purchased a new iPhone 6s and before that had the 5s with no issues. I am unable to pair my iPhone 6s to my Bluetooth with either the phone or the audio connection. I receive a message from the car stating to check my phone settings... I was able to pair my phone with my headset no problem. I have the latest update and even removed all previous connections from the phone and the car. Anyone else have this issue?

2. DaveyJones

DaveyJones New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Are the phone/car both detecting one another? Your phone may be set to invisible, or may just need to be turned on and off to boost the signal. I haven't used Bluetooth in awhile but I used to have trouble pairing it the first few times when I was using a new device. I would keep turning things on and off until they recognize each other.

3. Dr_DLH

Dr_DLH Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    the phone shows connected for a split second and then says not connected, then I get the message on my car stating to check phone settings. I have paired many items in my life and there is something wrong here. I am betting it's the iPhone as my 5s worked flawless.

4. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Go to "Setup"> select "Bluethooth"> select "Registered devices"> select "Remove"> select "Car-Multimedia" or you old iPhone tag. After all that shut down your radio and new phone. Restart both and go to your phones settings Bluethooth. Wait for the phone to discover the and then select "Car-Multimedia" on your phone. This should pare the phone with the radio. Should be good to go !

5. Dr_DLH

Dr_DLH Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    This is what I had explained in the previous messages. Last thing I did was remove all devices from the car and phone. Will be trying it again today. I really shouldn't have to disconnect the 12v battery system as that would be my last resort.

6. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just for grins, Do a hard reset on your phone before you attempt to pare it again.

7. Dr_DLH

Dr_DLH Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ok did the hard reset, still same issue. So I was able to get it working this time. What I ended up doing is renaming the Bluetooth on the nav from car multimedia to Prius and it's all working now. Thanks all!! What I really haven't been able to resolve tho is my phone is constantly playing a radio station that I have no idea where it's coming from as I have all my apps closed. When it connected, music started playing... Then when I opened my radio app and selected my station it switched on the car to my radio station from the app... This has happened with all versions of iPhone from 3GS, 4s, 5s and now my 6s... LOL

8. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Try going to the bottom of your phone screen and select your "Music" icon. Then at the bottom of the next screen, turn off the ((!)) radio icon and change to " Your Music". I think you have the radio (iPhone) turned on.

9. Dr_DLH

Dr_DLH Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I tried that and it only shows my app but it shows paused.... But my app is set on 80's music and when it's playing all of a sudden it's playing different music like rap, disco or R&B... Strange. Don't see a radio turned on any where or a built in app. Like I mentioned it happened to all my previous phones as well. Thanks for your help.