1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New, kind of.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by TravisPrius86, Aug 7, 2018.

1. TravisPrius86

TravisPrius86 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi all,

I've had 4 Prius' over the last 5 years. Most recently I bought a 2010 with 258,000 miles. Package 4 with the solar roof option. I flew to Cleveland from DC to pick it up. My question is if anyone here currently lives and/or camps in their Prius? If so, I've discovered a few things. You can purchase netting that goes over the windows which you can see out but no one can see in for less than $10 for all 4 windows. Secondly, a little hack...I camped in a hotel parking lot in the back of the Prius. It fit a full size air mattress although cramped, it worked. If you have the solar roof option you can sit in the car with it off and hold the AC button and it'll lock all the doors and run the actual AC off the traction battery. Although I didn't know this previously and just opened the sunroof lip and left the car running all night. Anyway, does anyone regularly post or have a YouTube I can subscribe to about living/camping in their Prius? If so, links to that and to aftermarket upgrades?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Travis Lee

1x1 and Burna J like this.