1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Mag Gray Touring Prius in Less Than an Hour/ Tint/ Center Caps

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JunsGrayPria, Aug 10, 2007.

1. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Aug 13 2007, 03:15 AM) [snapback]494599[/snapback]</div>
    My original post wast that:<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 10 2007, 09:53 PM) [snapback]493880[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you for proving me right and you wrong by providing the definitions of clear, colorless and transparent. :p :p :p

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    G'day Juns, excuse the people from cold climates who don't understand the value of window tint.
    Enjoy your Prius, I enjoy mine.

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 13 2007, 06:51 AM) [snapback]494644[/snapback]</div>
    Nope, sorry. I haven't proven you right or wrong . . . remember . . . you are myopic. You refuse to (or just can't) see.

Just because the "70% OF VISIBLE LIGHT TRANSMISSION" specified for front side windows in California may be below your threshold of what you consider acceptable "tinting" - doesn't mean the law allowing "tinting" on the front windows does not exist.
    http://www.iwfa.com/PreProduction_copy(1)/..._statelaws.html

How do you explain . . .
    [and I will make it big and bold so you don'y have to strain your myopic eyes]

(d) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), clear, colorless, and transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the front side windows, located to the immediate left and right of the front seat if the following conditions are met:

(1) The material has a minimum visible light transmittance of 88 percent.

(2) The window glazing with the material applied meets all requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205 (49 C.F.R. 571.205), including the specified minimum light transmittance of 70 percent and the abrasion resistance of AS-14 glazing, as specified in that federal standard.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26708.htm

. . . How do you reconcile the above with your "In California it is only illegal to tint the windshield and the front side windows." ???

All you have said is it is illegal. I have shown where the law states that is CAN be legal. Of course this is all notwithstanding your inabilities to comprehend that which your myopic eyes tries to transmit to your brain. :p

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Um, you guys seem to be loudly agreeing with each other.

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Aug 13 2007, 09:08 PM) [snapback]495206[/snapback]</div>
    Your championship parsing makes Bill Clinton and Alberto Gonzales appear like rank amateurs in that department. :p

When the OP inquired about tinting he or she surely did not ask a about a clear and colorless film that transmits 88% of available light. Most people, with your notable exception, consider tint to be a colored film that blocks more than 12% of light.

:rolleyes:

Time to move on.

6. Barcelona Red Lass

Barcelona Red Lass Sips gas like fine wine!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Not in the Pasadena area, but we used Mike's Tint Shop in Orange. Call your local Mercedes dealer and see who they get to do the window tinting for them. We figured anyone who would be recommended by the Mercedes dealer had to be good.

7. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 14 2007, 06:45 AM) [snapback]495335[/snapback]</div>
    So, you assuming they aren't interested in lowering heat or UV transmission through the glass? :huh:

Ohhhh, NOW I GET IT . . .
    NOW what we are arguing about is your assumption that the OP is only concerned about darkening the windows? :huh:

Even if that were the case, your statement of . . .<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 10 2007, 09:53 PM) [snapback]493880[/snapback]</div>
    . . . is misleading ("not the whole truth") and you still refuse to acknowledge that, in fact, it IS legal to tint the front windows (as outlined in the law I posted).

I'm not the one making assumptions . . . only pointing out facts.

Me personally, I'd rather have heat and 99% of the the UV spectrum blocked . . . wear sun glasses when it is bright outside, and then be able to take off the sun glasses at night and see out my windshield and front side windows. You can't take off dark tint like you can sun glasses.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 14 2007, 06:45 AM) [snapback]495335[/snapback]</div>
    Funny, I never considered the fact that JimN was "most people." :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

or metalized (which can be transparent to visible light)
    to convert incoming solar radiation to infrared radiation, which is then rejected back through the glass to the exterior.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window_Tint

8. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SureValla @ Aug 10 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]493736[/snapback]</div>
    in so florida its almost a must too...especially since the lady next to me cant keep her hands off :rolleyes: