1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New member from Central New York

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Maze62, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Maze62

Maze62 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi all,
    This has to be one of the best sites in existence! I've owned several Toyotas, have 2 Prius now (2006 and 2007) and like to do my own work. Thanks to all that share their knowledge and experience. I'll post this question elsewhere as well, suggestions for getting set up with the latest Techstream. It's all new to me so links, info, etc will help. Not really a computer guy. Thanks in advance. Anyone in CNY, give me a shout

jerrymildred, Raytheeagle and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

all the best getting it set up (y)

Maze62 likes this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Greetings!

Whatcha gonna work on first?

Whatcha worried about doing that you'll procrastinate on and avoid as long as possible?

4. Maze62

Maze62 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Already done a fair amount in the last few years on the 2006. Struts (front and rear), front wheel bearings, axles, trans fluid, hybrid fan cleaning, 12v battery replacement, plugs, pcv valve, knock sensor, pulled and cleaned throttle body and intake, K&N filter. Just replaced a front caliper ( should have read about it here! ). Have to finish the bleeding and warning lights yet, lol. Only procrastinating on buying a VXDIAG and some rocker panel rust repair. Moving into a new house soon and can't wait, huge heated and cooled garage! Need to save for a lift!!!!

PriusCamper likes this.
  5. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So you physically removed the intake manifold to clean it? Or did you just remove the air intake and clean the throttle body and manifold with it still in place? And if the former rather than the latter, how long did it take?

Maze62 likes this.
  6. Maze62

Maze62 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I removed them both, separated them and cleaned them both. Removing the manifold isn't time consuming. Cleaning time depends on whether you clean the manifold with sprays and a brush or a parts washer tub. Manifold gasket isn't costly. The job is worth the extra time to really get the crud out. Wiped the carbon out of the ports in the block and snugged it back up. Got it all done in a few hours, but I move a bit slowly (I tend to drop screws, bolts and such).

PriusCamper likes this.
  7. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks so much for this! I've always felt a bit half-assed about stuffing rags down the intake and spraying stuff in hopes of cleaning it. This seems like the best way to do a way more professional high quality job...