1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New member from Rae Vynn's area

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Dunlin, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Dunlin

Dunlin Senior Birder

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I could be the champion lurker on PC, as I started absorbing your accumulated knowledge back in early 2004. I bought a new '05 Prius in August '05, and never needed to actually logon until the forum changed a couple of months ago.

The new format prevents seeing embedded pictures (not linked ones), so I got frustrated and decided the time was past where I should actually join.

I recently became worrried about the remaining treadlife at 27K miles on my factory GY Integrities, and treated my car (which remains named the silver Prius) to a set of Nokian WRg2's in the stock 185/65-15 size. Over the first 1k miles the mpg has been very similar, and the odometer reading is virtually identical to the old tires as measured by my aftermarket GPS (0.995% over-read as tested on a 150 mile trip).

Based on my past contributions to your forum, I probably won't be posting frequently, but I do enjoy your reading your posts and absorbing your cumulative knowledge.

Thanks for all the knowledge,

Arnie

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi Arnie, welcome to PriusChat out in the open. You've lurked long enough to know we don't bite, much...

If you want to take a drive down to Portland the end of next month (3/28-30), the Better Living Show will be at the Portland Expo Center, just over the I-5 bridge from Vancouver WA. Toyota will have their big mobile HSD display. I'll be in the little booth next to it. Maybe you and Rae Vynn can caravan down together!