1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Member in MD

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Robby94LS, May 27, 2021.

1. Robby94LS

Robby94LS New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi guys! I'm very lucky and was gifted a 2010 with only 43K miles! I'm a car enthusiast, so of course, the Prius is like the anti car in my eyes.... Or was....

I just had a kid, the Fiesta ST feels like a clown car when we go anywhere where we need to bring stuff, and my wife's car is a 2003 and a 2 door. The Prius checked all the boxes I needed, larger than the Fiesta, newer than my wife's car, and 4 dr. I've been daily driving it and I gotta say, I like it WAY more than I thought I would. Driving position, seat comfort, ergonomics, it's all very good. I had a 2010 Corolla awhile back that I ended up hating because it handled very poorly among other things. The Prius handles a LOT better at limits. It feels a lot heavier, but I guess due to the low center of gravity battery being toward the back and middle, it feels very balanced even with the "eco" tires on it. Stickier tires may be in it's future.

I'm looking forward to learning more about it here! -- Oh and OMG, the MPG!? That shit is REAL! I don't drive much and it's mostly inner city. I've only had the car a week but it hasn't budged from full!

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, that's a keeper!

read up on the egr circuit and oil catch can, and make your car last a long time.

all the best!(y)

Robby94LS likes this.
  3. Robby94LS

Robby94LS New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks so much! Funny, I was reading all about that after posting this! I definitely want it to last a long time, so I'm going to have to look into getting one for sure. Watched a vid on install and omg, it seems a lot harder than most other vehicles!