1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New member looking for a Hybrid

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by REDdawn6, Aug 15, 2018.

1. REDdawn6

REDdawn6 New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Great news. Thanks for the information .I feel the Prius will be my choice Now, I need that job opportunity to call !!

2. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Probably the wrong forum to be promoting the Honda. But, to each their own...

3. JosephG

JosephG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    One
    The inverter problems were with the previous generation of Prius. I would not worry about the new one, the Prius is a very reliable car. Try to get one made after May of this year.

It's true Honda has never done a hybrid right, but the new Insight is a totally new approach. I personally would wait a while before considering one because the first cars off the line have the potential for manufacturing problems (see Subaru's A-pillars), but I wouldn't worry too much about the type of issues the Civic Hybrid had either since they've been using this drive-train for about 3 years now.

Living in California, you get extra warranty coverage on the high-voltage battery in both cars!

Honestly, both will be great for commuting. The Prius is slightly more efficient and notably more practical, the Honda is slightly faster and perhaps more attractive. 1st world problems right here.

#23 JosephG, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Smaug1 likes this.
  4. Smaug1

Smaug1 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I didn't forget the Insight. In fact, it was the first car I looked at. Sadly, it is no longer a hatchback.

msirach likes this.