1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New mods ! Body Kit and Valenti's Installed + projector led front parking light bulbs

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by ucsmfu, Mar 8, 2012.

1. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    yes, i do but it might be in chinese

Yahoo!

2. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    yes i do, but the website might be in chinese

Yahoo!

3. LulzChicken

LulzChicken Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Good god those smoked tail lights are amazing.

4. GoldPianoGarden

GoldPianoGarden Bling Meister

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I got the ones by Sakura, that have the LED signal behind the mirror glass....Car Accessories with LED must be SAKURA

5. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  6. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    yeah they are !!!, i love them, they're super bright at night, taking nice shots today, will post pics up tonight !

7. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Very sharp. The black and white go together beautifully. I like the tail lights, especially.

8. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well, there is a video on Youtube that shows them installed on a Prius:

Seems like there was a specific Youtube video I had subscribed to back in September or October when I first bought the mirrors which had installation on a Prius, but couldn't find it today. But, after looking at a bunch of their videos, they appear to be all the same --- just list different cars in the titles (for search purposes, I guess):

I put my car in the shop in November to be customized, and various hold-ups with parts from overseas, custom fiberglass work I've had done, all the mind changes I've gone through, etc., etc., we just now have put the first coat of the Blizzard white pearl on the car (apparently, it's 3 layers/steps). Then we're waiting to get all the lights back on my car which I've had at AACStyle in Louisiana for the last few months being customized. Had a few mishaps with some BMW turn signal lights I'm installing on the car on the side fenders (where the HYBRID decals are/were) that cracked 2 different times when being opened....I had to assume the risk of that, because they warned me of the potential due to the way they were put together; so I've had to purchase a set of them 3x now and wait to get them here from overseas. The last set has FINALLY cooperated with the installers and they opened successfully. Once we get the lights back, then they can continue with the painting. There are "sunken in" areas on both sides of the body kit around the turn signal/foglight areas, and I want that part to be painted the exact grayish color of the turn signal/foglight housing, because there are some Audi R8-style "slats" that go on top of those 2 sunken areas that will be painted gloss black. I was going to do the sunken down area in the gloss black as well, but thought the gray turn signals and foglights would detract from my vision of that whole area being one solid color, and I wanted those R8-style slats to stand out from the sunken background. But they can't do the gray sunken down areas until they have my lights back to match their gray housing color. Then on the side spoilers, there's a section that runs most of the way down both sides that fades from that same grayish color into a glossy black. So, moral of the story, we're waiting again to get the lights back before the painting can continue. Anyhow, I am having all the black parts of the mirrors painted white, and I have the automatic/power folding mirrors that will be installed, plus the outer covers with the turn signals/puddle lights/etc. that have to be installed, also. So, I figured that the Sakura mirror glass, outside signal covers, and the power folding parts should prob all be installed and wired at the same time....but after the painting is finished. Therefore, I have not put them on my car yet. But the end is near! lol

9. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    wow that sounds sick, are you going to get the mirror tilting mechanism as well ?, once you put ur car in Reverse, your side mirrors will tilt down

10. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well, I doubt it. I will have neared the $25k mark in this whole modification endeavor when I finish what I have going on it right now, so am probably pretty much to the point where my "cash flow" is gonna tell me I've spent enough! lol! Unfortunately, she handles all the foreign packages that come thru our Post Office, and after I got yet another one the other day, she said, "So help me, if I see ONE MORE PACKAGE come for you for that blasted car!!" Then she proceeded to remind me that I don't work.... Little does she know, I will be getting my Lexus sills any day from overseas, plus I am going to have to get another $5k from her to pay the bodyshop the last of the money I will owe them when they finish......

I do remember another poster on our forum (back when I first started this process) that advised me that I needed to make sure I had enough cash to FINISH THE PROJECT before I got rolling on it. I had done other body kits on cars previously, but none so costly as this current one. I can truly appreciate their words of wisdom at this point! lol! (you know who you are) And, as you other "modders" well know, once you get started......you just keep adding and adding and adding...... It becomes an obsession almost!

11. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I bought it, lol, i'm going to test it out and let you guys know how it works :p

12. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I don't think my response appears to have gone thru. Clicked 'submit' and got the "Internet Explorer Cannot......." page.... Gotta love that! Anyhow, I was trying to think of when I ever actually backed up in my car that I'd use the feature, and the only time I can think of ever doing it is when I back out of the garage. My driving is all Interstate. I park way out at the end of all parking lots so that I just drive straight out of the parking place. So, I can't think of any truly justifiable reason I'd ever have a need for that feature. Of course, I guess anyone could argue that any of our mods are not TRULY justifiable! lol