1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Navigation DVD, 7.1?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dfine1966, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Sep 14 2007, 08:52 AM) [snapback]512525[/snapback]</div>
    ohh ok.. then yeah that's even more surprising lol.. free DVD upgrades. How are the maps on the GM cars? I know the interface is horribly basic (more basic than the old Prius MFD) but it's clear and functional.

2. emtownsend

emtownsend New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dfine1966 @ Sep 13 2007, 07:06 PM) [snapback]512226[/snapback]</div>
    OK, that being the case, I guess I can stomach paying a bit more than if it were just data. Thanks!

3. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm still waiting for NavTeq to show my neighborhood as it actually is, then wait (I guess) another 2 years for it to be on the Toyota DVD before I buy an upgrade.

Even this shot is a couple of years old already, since the cul-de-sac on the right is long-since finished. Click on Map and watch stuff disappear and my road get misnamed...

http://local.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en...p;z=17&om=1

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Sep 14 2007, 10:03 AM) [snapback]512576[/snapback]</div>

It's the EXACT same interface has my 05. Only the layout is a little different.

5. dfine1966

dfine1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Try having your road be around since 1997, and they still don't have the road right. They have the road going off in the wrong direction and have my house not even close to where it actually is. But it is not just Toyota's Navigation system. Friends of mine that have portable Garmin units and Subaru's with built in have my street and house wrong even though t has been 10 years. It does look like the map writing sources have finally corrected the problem. I sent submission to each of them showing them the problem. They did respond to me and supposedly said they corrected it. Now, hopefully it made it on to the New 7.1 DVD. We'll see once I get it.

6. chinito77

chinito77 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just moved into a new area within my state and my Nav totally frustrated me as I tried to learn my way around. It can't pin point my house and most of the streets don't even exist anymore! I do get a kick out of seeing my nav show my car going off route and flying into empty areas then it snaps back again onto a road.

DVD 6.0 was available for download but I assume it was illegal to do so. Wonder if someone will buy 7.1 and do the same for those looking.

7. pmppk

pmppk New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chinito77 @ Sep 15 2007, 12:30 PM) [snapback]513026[/snapback]</div>
    I have seen the European 7.1 floating around usenet.... if only someone had the North American one.

8. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know someone that if they could get a hold of the new version they would put it on usenet or make it a torrent. :unsure: ;) :ph34r: