1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New owner ‘18 Advanced Dark Gray/Moonstone

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by mhn425, May 17, 2018.

1. mhn425

mhn425 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey everyone. Took possession of my new prime today! I’m really excited. I’m in Iowa and primes are just now coming around.

My previous cars have been gas guzzlers. I had a 370z, but got a dog so I went to a Mercedes GLA 250 4matic. My Benz lease was up and I decided it was time to get something worth the money instead of dumping so much money into maintenance on a Benz. Even made the commitment to buy it.

99.9% of my driving should be electric. My commute is going to be about 10 miles round trip and there’s even a free charger at work, which I believe is solar powered, and I figure by the time I’ve got this paid off and am looking for a toy car there should hopefully be some fully electric reasonably priced EV sports cars(I’d love to get back to the track some day)

One thing I did have the dealer do is disable the reverse beeping that everyone loves to hate.

Any other suggestions for a new owner from you guys that have had the car for while? I’ve been getting used to more eco driving for the last month or so since I decided on a prime(upped my mpg substantially on my old car) so hopefully it won’t tske me too long to achieve amazing efficiency while driving.

bisco likes this.
  2. Rob43

Rob43 Senior Member

VA, BMW Race Car, BMW R1200R, BMW 330Ci, Ford F350
    Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Welcome & congrats !

If in the future if you feel the need for slightly better feel/handling, look up my wheel thread...

Good luck & enjoy,
    Rob43

#2 Rob43, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    mhn425 likes this.
  3. MNdriver

MNdriver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Welcome! They’re still rare in Minnesota too. You’ll love it.

mhn425 likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    all the best!(y)

mhn425 likes this.
  5. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hey, Congrats !!! You are going to loved the car. I am in Nebraska ...so close to you. I have only seen one other Prime in the wild.

mhn425 likes this.
  6. EazyPeazy

EazyPeazy Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Congrats. Welcome to the family!

mhn425 likes this.
  7. W204white2010

W204white2010 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congratulations on the new addition! You're going to love the feeling of driving in EV. Ask your dealership if they can disable it or reduce it down to 1 beep. Enjoy in great health!

8. Manu Pierron

Manu Pierron New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Upgrade
    This is so funny/weird. I was looking around to see if I could find photos of dark grey prime with moonstone interior and stumbled in your post. And then it got weird.
    So I'm ordering the same color as you.
    I sold my gas guzzler like you (RX8) to a *Prius*
    And I have the same plans as you: ok I'll use that car and by the time I'm done with it there will be a lot more of sports electric car. Maybe I could hit the track again!

So so weird I am in the same situation thinking the same thing you were...

Anyways, how is the moonstone interior holding up? Would you gave any photos of it showing outside and inside next to each other (for instance with a door open, far enough so outside color shows)? I'm trying to decide if it is a good combination of exterior/interior color.

bisco likes this.