1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new owner 2015 prius persona package

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by itslove09, Sep 4, 2015.

1. itslove09

itslove09 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    hello,

i've upgraded from my 2007 prius to a 2015 prius persona package. i love it. love the new look, i just have a question about one particular switch that i can't seem to find in the owners manual. i hope someone can help me. this car has driver and passenger side blue floor well lights, under the steering wheel is a little black switch that just says on/off. i thought it was for the lights, but they come on automatically once it gets dark out..i've turned the switch on and off and haven't noticed anything happening..what exactly is this for??

Burna J likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome!(y) it's not the sks, because they eliminated that switch in the gen III, maybe tpms? have you checked the manual? i think you can change the lights in the mfd menu, and possibly sks as well. all the best with your new persona!(y)

3. itslove09

itslove09 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    i have but i haven't found anything about that switch, unless I'm missing something.

4. JGC61

JGC61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Congrats and welcome aboard.

5. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    I just played with that switch on my persona, on mine it will only come on if the switch is set to on.

-I'll add that they do go on and off with the light switch, but only if set to on.

And I've owned the car for over 11 months. First time playing with that switch. Lol..

6. Sandesh

Sandesh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    That's for the blue Foot Illumination light.When Its set to "ON", the Blue light is always on while driving.
    But "OFF" makes the blue light turn on only when you park and turn off the engine, during normal driving this light its not illuminated.
    Once you lock the car, the blue light shuts, and unlocking will turn the blue lights back.

Burna J likes this.