1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New owner: brakes, locks, and radio

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dustyhuskie, Feb 24, 2008.

1. dustyhuskie

dustyhuskie Itchy Tomato

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I was on a slight decline when the car did that. Anyone who knows Chicago roads: it was the ramp from the northbound I355 to the eastbound I88. The merge lane and right lane meet in a Y rather than the more standard narrowing merge lane. This also makes seeing and judging speed of traffic in that lane is kind of difficult.

I don't think it's the transmission. I think the computer did something that diverted the power from the wheels. I am not sure, that, if the TC engages, you still are able to rev the engine. I got stuck in the snow and, when I pressed on the gas, the car didn't make a sound (or move) so I can't see how, if the TC engaged, stepping on the gas made the engine rev so hard while the car decelerated. The ICE didn't kick in like it did on the loaner so I had to resort to braking to avoid being hit.

I don't want to report a malfunction if there is some logical reason why the car did this.

I linked this thread to http://priuschat.com/forums/care-ma...n-when-accelarating-quickly-3.html#post574483 because this might be a better spot for this discussion.