1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner-Driving Report

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dorf, Jun 24, 2007.

1. dorf

dorf Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I was amazed at the performance.

Driving in the Arkansas Ozarks hills was a learning experience.

Going up hills it was sort of difficult to gage speed (with out looking at the speedometer) as I would top them going too fast.

Going down long and steep hills, I used the “ B “ function (from about 65 MPH). Initially the car would speed up, braking slightly (then releasing the brake) car would seem to hold speed to around 60 MPH. Speed would then increase. Braking slightly would hold the speed to about 50, and then the same process would hold speed to around 40.

But the above process did not seem to work on small hills.

Driving in heavy rain on curves, going up hills, the Vehicle Stability Control kicked in and the Indicator light came on.

Encountering dry river bed sand and gravel in Reverse- ( I thought I was going to be stuck).- The car moved effortlessly, wheels did not spin but it seemed like it took allot of throttle to get to solid ground. (Maybe TRAC was working-I did not look at the dash)

I’m running about 47. 6 MPG so far.

2. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dorf @ Jun 24 2007, 06:56 AM) [snapback]467194[/snapback]</div>
    Nice report! If you want more MPG, try inflating the tires... mine are at 42/40.