1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner have some questions ! thanks!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by zv3n88, Jun 12, 2018.

1. zv3n88

zv3n88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Base
    Hi everyone, new owner of 2013 prius c base model with 105000km ,

I am having some doubts about the battery's so here's my questions

First, when i start the prius and it goes into ready mode, on the black display screen with the average speed driving time ect... i always get a 0% on the ev status at start and after a minutre or so of driving it will jump to whatever percentage it is ( maybe 25%-40%), is this normal? i do see the purple bars on the other screen with the eco meter.

Second, the car stays on battery after a start, but after i put it in reverse about 3-5 seconds the engine will start. is this normal ? it does go back to the electrical a minute or so after and the car does seem to operate properly switching between electrical and engine. i do get about 4.2l/100km of gas consumption.

now i havent checked to see if the previous owner has changed the 12v battery or not, will have to check that out.

also i did my own oil change, i have been doing those for the last couple years on my previous cars so no problem with that. i put mobil1 0w20 in it but i find the lifters are quite loud, the oil was due at purchase and the car did not make any noise. maybe it was running thicker oil ? had sticker for oilchange from small brand corner garage who know's what they have put it it?
    le me know what you think?

2. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome to Priuschat. I believe non-US cars have different displays then ours. So I can't answer your first question.

Question 2, when you first start your car, the motor will kick in and warm up the Engine once it reaches 100 degrees F. It will shut off. This is normal.

Question 3. 5 years is about when you should replace your 12 volt. to be on the safe side. I would stay with the Toyota battery as they are JDM and are very reliable.

You can run thicker oil if you want. Mobil 1 oil runs on the thin side, so you can use Mobil 1 0w-30 oil. This may help with the noise.

3. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

The display in my 2016 is the exact same way so I'm going to say it's functioning correctly.

4. wigmann

wigmann Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    On your next oil change buy your oil from the toyota dealer. their oil is made by mobil and it is basically mobil 1 with some additives. at my local dealer it is cheaper than mobil 1.