1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner here.

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by 13PV, May 7, 2013.

1. 13PV

13PV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Just wanted to say hello. Brought home our first brand new car on Sunday. Dealer had to do a dealer-to-dealer swap as the one we wanted wasn't on their lot. So the car had about 53 miles when delivered.

2013 P - V five - ATP - Blizzard Pearl

To be honest, I'm not 100% a fan of the car. The value just isn't there for me (not a fan of the rear either). But alas, it's not my car. Whatever makes the wife happy - the Prius has been her "dream car" for quite some time. (I'm glad her dreams are practical)

I've driven the car for about 2 minutes for a total of about 0.25 miles. Perhaps things will change after some more time behind the wheel.

PLSPUSH likes this.
  2. Lee Bridges

Lee Bridges Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm the primary driver of my v 5 w/ATP. With ~3400 miles on the clock, I find it technologically interesting, and coming from a pickup truck, the 40+ MPG is saving me over $100 a month. But for excitement I turn to either the 4Runner, the MR2, or my motorcycle. So maybe you become a fan, and maybe not.

Assuming you want to keep the wife around (and you too when in the car), I can personally vouch for the collision avoidance system having experienced it when traversing Nashville about a month ago. And I've come to really like the speed adjusting cruise control system.

I think it will grow on you, but in the end I still view all "normal" cars with pretty much the same attachment as I do to a toaster oven (my daughter's Camry is REALLY boring, but nonetheless excellent in what it does).

PLSPUSH likes this.
  3. 13PV

13PV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I def. hear you on that. If I wanted a "driver's car", I would have opted for a BMW. But I was never a fan of how the BMW interior is laid out. I think Toyota's in general are pretty bland, less TT Supra, but my dad loves his 97 Avalon and would rather drive that than my mom's newer Accord. To each their own.
    So far, what I like about the Prius - the front end looks good - LED headlights - wheels look good - speakers sound good. We'll see about the mpg since the Prius will mostly see fwy driving @ 70+mph.

But everyone I ask either likes/loves their Prius (my wife told me last night that she "officially" loves hers), so I'm optimistic that this car may sway me.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what do you drive?

5. 13PV

13PV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    i drive an accord.

6. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That's why you married your wife. She is the sensible one. :)

Congrats on the new car. Drive it in good health. My guess is if you want driving time on a Prius you may have to purchase anotherone.

Zythryn likes this.
  7. 13PV

13PV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thank you.

You are 100% correct. She is the sensible one. If it were up to me, I'd put $30k in to a used car. Probably something impractical. LOL.
    I drive on the weekends, so 2 day out of 7 isn't too shabby. :)

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would call an accord sensible.

9. 13PV

13PV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    i would too. but i would have bought an insensible car.

JMD likes this.
  10. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride! Sign up for the Blizzard Brigade today.

11. PLSPUSH

PLSPUSH Active Member

prius on the weekdays, prowler on weekends

13PV likes this.
  12. 2013-Prius v

2013-Prius v 2013 Prius v 5

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Prius v weekdays

Weekends its 555 HP

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368070603.798577.jpg

iPhone ?

13PV and JMD like this.
  13. 13PV

13PV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Me? Accord, train, and bus weekdays. Prius weekend. Lol

14. JPP

JPP Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Well thanks for joining the priuschat community just to let us know you dont like it! ;)

15. 13PV

13PV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    :) you're welcome. jk
    i haven't gotten accustomed to it yet.
    i spent about an hour skimming the owner's manual last night. (the red section being probably the most important - capt. obvious here)
    sync'd up my phone, after some troubleshooting.
    she's averaging approx 41-42mpg on her first tank of gas (computer calculated, will update with manual calc)

16. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I had an Accord prior to my first Prius, a 2008 EXL V6 sedan. I thought it was a great car when I first got it, but when I traded to the 2010 Prius IV, I liked the Prius for its smoother ride and of course the mpg's when I cut my gas bill in half. Now with the v5, I think I have just about the perfect all-around vehicle. To make it 100% perfect, it would drive like a BMW and handle like a Porsche and yet get the same mpg's. o_O Nothing is perfect...

17. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    To be honest, I still don't like my Prius after 6 months. But there's no way I am going back to a conventional car. I was hooked at my first fill up. The gas clicked off a little after 8 gallons. The hell? I drove a 40 mpg Civic so I was already familiar with great fuel economy and small gas tanks but this is odd. I clicked it a bit more and still no go. Whatever. I pressed Start and the fuel gauge is full. Then it dawned on me. I just drove 700 miles on 8 gallons of gas and a few bucks worth of electriciy. My fuel costs have been halved even though I came from one of the most fuel efficient internal combustion engine car available. My hands may not like the plastic steering wheel and my knees don't like that ridiculous bridge console but my wallet loves this car.

18. 13PV

13PV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    you felt the prius has a smoother ride than an EXL? i'd have to disagree.

i logged about 100 miles this weekend.
    pros: gas! 41.1mpg for our first tank
    LED lights!

cons: loud cabin
    not very refined
    entune! it will work fine one day, then the next day, it'll have trouble accessing the apps. very frustrating.

i will be getting tint soon. anyone in the socal area looking to get tint also? i could swing a better deal if we have multiple cars :)

19. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, the EXL actually doesn't ride all that smooth and it's not quiet either! I'm reminded of it when occasionally I'll drive my step-mom's car, a 2009 V6 EXL with only 9,000 miles on it. But it does handle great. The Prius isn't ultra quiet either, but IMO it is quieter than the Accord and the ride is smoother too, but handling is so-so.

I'm having the same problems with Entune. I'll get Pandora working than it will lose the internet connection and I have to go through the whole process to connect again - what a PIA! I'm looking into window tint too but pricing is all over the board and don't know exactly which one to get yet.