1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner in Sunny Florida

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by n23, Apr 20, 2018.

1. n23

n23 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Hello PC!

I'm the happy new owner of a 2015 Prius, Persona, Blizzard white with black leather, 17" wheels. I bought the car from a dealer in Vienna, VA and drove it home to central Florida. The car only had ~21k miles and it's a CPO. Our family used to have a Gen2 and we drove the snot out of it until an increasing headcount pushed us into a minivan.

[​IMG]

For now I'm enjoying my commute and playing the mileage game, getting around 52MPG on my 30 mile drive to work each way. My previous car was a Volvo and while I loved that thing, it wasn't designed for stop and go daily torture. I hope its new owner treats it nicely.

Future plans include a window tint, black vinyl wrapped roof, TRD lowering springs, building a custom sub enclosure to replace the entire lower tray (sealed 12" with 500W monoblock) and anti-sway bars.

My Volvo had an OBD2 tool and software* made just for dealers that allowed for calibrations, system checks, code clearing and more. Is there a Toyota analogue?

Thanks all!
    n23

*VIDA and DiCE

Raytheeagle, bisco and Burna J like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congratulations! you can pick up tech stream, that's toyota's official software to run on a laptop, or there are a few phone apps that work well, but not 100%. barista and torque come to mind, and scan gauge can be quite helpful.
    all the best!(y)

3. n23

n23 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Thanks bisco - I have and have used Torque before and it was Ok at some readings but not great at others. VIDA was dealer-only so it let you do things like update module software or change hidden settings. I sold it with the car but will check out Tech Stream.