1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner Observations

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Family Hybrid, Jun 3, 2007.

1. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emtownsend @ Jun 5 2007, 06:13 PM) [snapback]456029[/snapback]</div>
    Out of curiosity would you get the 150,000 mile warranty that CA gets on the hybrid components or the 100,000 mile the rest of us get?

2. briloop

briloop Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Day 18
    600 miles
    MFD reads 49.4 MPG

My wife and I absolutely love this car! Fun to drive, saves gas, lots of features.

My commute is approx. 60% highway. MPG is lowest when I am in a residential area (speed limit 35 and below, stop signs).

People at work keep asking me lots of questions about the car. Co-worker with a VW love affair keeps bragging about the Golf - the world's third best selling vehicle. I guess he is just a little jealous of my Prius.

3. Family Hybrid

Family Hybrid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks for the information all. I have been to John1701a's website, even used part of it in a Hybrid presentation (shh, don't tell him :D ). This site and his are the two I tell my techs about so they have a better understanding of the Prius in the real world.

4. Syndy

Syndy New Member

I picked up my Prius on 31 May and like you, I am enamored with the vehicle. My 9 yr old is convinced that I have a car "from the future". I drive 58 to 63 miles one way every day and the gas mileage on this vehicle is phenomenal! My biggest complaint so far is other people hearing me on their end of the phone. I am going to look at what was stated on an earlier post. Another comment that is quite true is the "sound of a helicopter landing on the roof when you have the front windows open". The "vibration" sound is loud. I ordered the window vent shades ( think that is what they are called) and cannot wait for them to come in to see if it alleviates the noise. My thanks to everyone who has posted because I am truly learning a lot.

5. VABeachPrius

VABeachPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Family Hybrid @ Jun 3 2007, 08:43 PM) [snapback]454651[/snapback]</div>

In Virginia Beach? See my location. Where did you buy your car?