1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner of 2005 Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by vskid3, Jun 29, 2013.

1. vskid3

vskid3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My wife and I bought a white 2005 Prius with 85,000 miles a couple weeks ago. We are loving it so far.
    While I'm new to the Prius, I'm not new to hybrids or hypermiling. We've had a 2006 Escape Hybrid (which uses a similar eCTV-based hybrid system) for a year and I've been a member of the site Ecomodder for about 5 years. I'm currently averaging 55mpg according to the MFD with about 230 miles on the tank, lots of AC usage, mostly city, pulse and gliding when I can.
    I'm planning on doing several mods. So far I have about 2/3rds of the lower grille blocked with cardboard, tires pumped to 51psi, and my old phone running Torque to show more gauges. I plan on adding an EV button, figuring out a cheap aux in port for the radio, smooth wheel covers, rear wheel skirts, and making the belly a little smoother.

john1701a likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome and congrats, great mpg mods! keep an eye on the temp with summer grille blocking. all the best!(y)

3. vskid3

vskid3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks! I have my phone display the coolant temperature so I can keep an I on it, I've never seen it go above 200F. So far one of my biggest complaints is that tanks last too long, so it'll be a while before I can fill up and see my actual mileage.