1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Owner of 2010, Prius II -- First timer

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Newuser1, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Newuser1

Newuser1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Picked up my first Prius yesterday and can say I'm very pleased. I initially was looking at 07-09, but after looking at a couple of duds, and seeing a few 2010's in the same price ballpark, decided the Gen III was the way to go. I gave up a few "niceties" (nice to have's but not necessities), like the backup cam, bluetooth, leather, etc, but I feel it was worth it in the end to get a potentially 3 year newer car with a few better mechanical features.

I've already looked at perhaps remedying the bluetooth with the BT35-TOY from usa spec. Any one have thoughts on that or other suggestions? I've only found a couple of mentions of it here, with mixed reviews. I hate wearing an ear piece BT, and after having a couple of rentals with the integrated feature, thought it was something that was a must have.

The car has 65k miles, and from the records, doesn't appear to have had the 60k mile service done. What are the recommendations from the PC crowd for a 60k mile service?

I feel I got a decent deal, considering what others were listed for around me (100 mile radius).
    2010 Prius II, 1 owner, 65k miles at $13,400.

Thanks already for the wealth of knowledge on here; it certainly made looking at used Prii a little less worrisome!

Attached Files:

spiderman likes this.
  2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I would do the 60,000 mile service which is a oil and filter change. Very important. Also replaces cabin air filter, engine air filter and inspection. Dealer charges $100. I would also replace the Transaxle fluid at the dealer the cost is about $100. That is very important.

You can catch up on the subject

Transmission fluid change | PriusChat

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Good deal. Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!