New owner of 2012 Prius+ Seven Norway (61,500kms)

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by pierced, Feb 20, 2021 at 7:28 PM.

1. pierced

pierced New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi! As I have browsed through here I haven’t seen anyone post from Norway. Bought mine 3weeks ago w/ 59,453kms on it. I’m running on 62k kms. It just had it’s IPM recall service and I have felt a difference w/ the smoothness of the engine for 2days already. I’m having a little bit problem w/ the rear left and middle seat belts. When someone sits on the left side, An error pops out w/ an information that the middle seat belt needs to be put on. And lastly, because I missed on the navigation on this. Is it reasonable to have it upgraded w/ Toyota? Price range around $1000 for upgrade. And does the Dr. Prius really help?

Here’s a pic of my car.

Attached Files:

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Sensor wiring crossed on middle and left seats?

pierced likes this.
  3. rjparker

rjparker Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You can get some nice standalone nav for much less than a thousand which would include free map updates. At least in the US. Some models also have a recording camera system. A Toyota nav would integrate into the head unit but they charge for yearly map updates.

or
    Garmin Dash Cam 66W | Dash Cam

#3 rjparker, Feb 20, 2021 at 9:06 PM
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2021 at 9:28 PM
    beachgeek and pierced like this.
  4. pierced

pierced New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you for your reply. What do you mean, wiring crossed? How do I check it?

Thank you for the links that are compatible w/ the 12´V.

#4 pierced, Feb 21, 2021 at 3:15 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2021 at 8:31 AM
  5. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Middle seat occupancy sensor is wired to or located under left seat. (And possibly vice versa.) Check wiring harness beneath seats.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome!

i know we have at least one other, because we have chatted about electric vehicles.

all the best!(y)

7. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The Toyota nav system was outdated when it was brand new — meaning Garmin, Magellan, and Tom Tom were offering superior products.
    Now your phone will put-perform it.

My wife used to travel for work, so GPS was a must-have business tool. A $250 Garmin outperformed the Toyota nav system 100% of the time. (‘13 V wagon). And it gets free map upgrades for life.

8. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ^That.

I'd replace the head unit before I spent ANY money on a VERY substandard OEM nav system.
    Your next car will allow you to use either a smart phone or an Apple as your NAV system....so a Garmin might be an inexpensive alternative.

@ seatbelts.
    Are you putting something in the middle seat that's not a person?
    Trying to be delicate here but is the person who is sitting on the left side....AMERICAN sized (obese.)
    I see two possibilities that are not wiring related.

1. Very large person activating two sensors.....or......
    B. Non-human object in the middle of the rear seat.

I would do a little troubleshooting on my own before visiting the Toyota dealer.
    Even though your automotive consumer protection laws HAVE to be better than ours are, Toyota has a huge problem dealerships here in the new world and part of that corporate culture may bleed over into Norway.

I had a problem with my work car when I put work items in the right front seat.
    The sensor under the seat, which is obviously NOT calibrated to American-sized humans, thought that a human was in the seat.
    My solution was to just keep the belt clicked all the time.

Since no person with shred of compassion would put a human being (American or normal sized) in a Prius's middle rear seat, then you really do not need the sensor. Just click the belt and get on with your life!

Good Luck!

Air_Boss likes this.