1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Pioneer 7” head unit installed

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by NatefromRI, Dec 13, 2022.

1. NatefromRI

NatefromRI New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I’m generally very pleased with how this install worked out. I purchased the Pioneer DMH-1500NEX at Best Buy and it was installed yesterday along with a 170 degree rear camera I got online. I wanted Apple CarPlay with a relatively wide angle rear camera lens for backing out of parking lot spaces and being able to see vehicles approaching. Mission accomplished.

The vehicle looks so much more “new” with a cleaner looking dashboard now to me.

I do need to go back and have the radio steering wheel controls checked as they aren’t functioning as they should. They light up the 3D circles on the Prius display but aren’t actually controlling volume and back/next functions even though the steering wheel adapter was installed.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-7-apple-carplay-android-auto-built-in-bluetooth-multimedia-digital-media-receiver-black/6401086.p?skuId=6401086

EPSPIC Front/Backup Camera 170°...

Attached Files:

Xterra72, ASRDogman and StarCaller like this.
  2. StarCaller

StarCaller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    looks good /

NatefromRI likes this.