1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Plug-In Hybrid Install shop in So Cal

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by hybrad2, Dec 3, 2008.

1. hybrad2

hybrad2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Jungle Motors is now installing the LA version of the Plug-In Supply kit. We also convert vehicles from gas to 100% electric and electric/gas hybrids.

For a limited time we are installing the Plug-In kit in your 2004-2009 Prius for $6,500. Mention that you are from PriusChat and get an additional $200 discount.

Enjoy our 3 Prius modes-
    Basic Prius
    Enhanced Prius
    Battery Only mode:rockon:

We will be offering a Lithium Iron Phosphate (LifePO4) version shortly as well. Stop by and check out our demo car and work.

Check us out- www dot jungle motors dot com

Hybrad

2. sk66

sk66 Junior Member

and the distance on battery only???

3. hybrad2

hybrad2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    10 to 12 miles with LA...way over 40 with LifePO4. BTW LA kit can be installed today and upgraded to Lithium later.

Hybrad

4. Swingshiftworker

Swingshiftworker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Do you have an ETA for the Plug-in Supply Lithium battery system and the estimated cost for it?

5. PeakOilGarage

PeakOilGarage Nothing less than 99.9

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Plug-In Supply Inc of Petaluma California

The lithium battery from Plug-In Supply is exected to provide a range of 15-20 miles. According to the website, it is 5 kwh, similar to the Hymotion lithium kit. Although, in my experience I can get 20 to 25 miles from 5 kwh with a Hymotion battery. ( FYI...I am biased in favor of Hymotion)

I don't see price info on their website for the lithium battery.

Unless Plug-In Supply is cheaper than $10,000 (including installation) I would stick with Hymotion. Hymotion has crash tested their system and it comes with a 3 year warranty.

6. hybrad2

hybrad2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Should be available within next 45-60 days. Cost is still being determined but will be double the hymotion power at less than double the price:D

Hybrad

7. hybrad2

hybrad2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Actually Lith battery info on site is old..The new lith batts are 40Ah delivering 10Kwh that should equal over 40 miles at 200wh/m. So way more distance at very competitive price.

Hybrad

8. hybrad2

hybrad2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Actually Lith batery info on site is old..The new lith batts are 40Ah delivering 10Kwh that should equal over 40 miles at 200wh/m. So way more distance at very competitive price.

Hybrad

9. PeakOilGarage

PeakOilGarage Nothing less than 99.9

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    That would be very impressive if it provides 10 kwh from lithium. How much does the battery pack weigh? The Hymotion is about 180 lbs. I actually installed upgraded rear springs to compensate for the weight.

Can you give us a rough estimate on the cost? I know it might not be exact yet, but is there anything approximate yet?

10. Swingshiftworker

Swingshiftworker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks for the info. Let us know when the Plug-In lithium system goes into production and what the price will be.

I'm in no hurry and can wait. I like that Plug-In is located near SF and I also like the battery tray system that preserves the spare tire. Assuming that performance is about the same or better than Hymotion, it'll probably come down mainly to price, but availability and local production also matter.

11. hybrad2

hybrad2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Battery weight will be 80 X 3.3 so 264 lbs. We also add stiffer springs for the weight (the la pack weighs in at approx 300#). Approx $12-15K (or less) is the goal.