1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prime owner with a Question

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by ToeJamFootball, Nov 2, 2022.

1. ToeJamFootball

ToeJamFootball Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I finally received my 2022 Prius Prime. With my old 2012 Prius hybrid I could unlock or lock the doors by touching the driver’s door handle. On my new Prime, I can unlock the door by touching the handle but I can’t figure out how to lock it that way. I really like not having to fish the key out of my pocket to lock the car. Is there a way to do that?

2. MalachyNG

MalachyNG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    There are 2 raised lines on the outside front of the handle. you touch there and it will lock the doors. Depending on your trim level it may be on the Drivers side only.

Screenshot 2022-11-02 215050.png

3. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    You could also push the door lock switch on the driver's armrest on the way out. Then what I usually do after closing the driver's door is grab the rear passenger door handle to make sure all doors are locked. Then I feel confident I can walk away leaving the car locked.

4. Prim.e.xample

Prim.e.xample Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    On my 2020 XLE I can touch the two lines as MalachyNG mentioned and it will lock all doors. I know there are some options for door locks in settings.

Congratulations on your new Prime! Don’t forget to update your profile.

#4 Prim.e.xample, Nov 3, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  5. ToeJamFootball

ToeJamFootball Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the replies. I got it now. To unlock, I grab the handle and hold it. To lock, I touch the 2 lines on the door handle.
    I am really enjoying my new Prime. I read through the manuals but there is a lot details in there that are easy to miss.

drash likes this.
  6. PT Guy

PT Guy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Just touch the inner surface of the handle for a very short duration.