1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius arriving: Dealer uses "Spray" window tinting?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by johnnyM, Aug 4, 2006.

1. johnnyM

johnnyM New Member

My Prius will be here ~August 17th. Package #7 + dealer-installed leather seats.

It does not have factory tint, but dealer is going to have it done for me locally. I'm not tinting for any ghetto look or cloaking reasons...just to help with the heat gain.

He says they use a SPRAY...not film. He says it's definitely better, and swears it's permanent. Anybody heard of that being done professionally...as opposed to the film?

[This is being purchased at Modern Toyota in Winston Salem NC, a fairly large dealer.]

thx...

johnnyM

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    spray?? :blink: i've never heard of that... so how do you remove it if you move to a state with more strict tint laws, for instance?

how do they not get it on your interior?

i'd ask to see one that's been done already so you can see if you like it before having them do it to your new car.

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(johnnyM @ Aug 4 2006, 06:15 PM) [snapback]297918[/snapback]</div>
    Check out this thread on tintdude.com http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27980

Based on the comments there, I would pass on spray on tint.

4. johnnyM

johnnyM New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigdaddy @ Aug 4 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]297934[/snapback]</div>
    yep, that definitely gives me great pause.

thanks for the info man.

j

5. picadog

picadog New Member

If you want a tint to block heat and is not dark, check out V-Kool or Huper Optik:

http://www.v-kool-usa.com/homeautomotive.html

I have V-Kool on all my windows and a second layer of standard shaded tint over it for that "ghetto look".
    I also have it on my windshield but at night, it diffuses lights and looks blurry, like your windshield is dirty.

For the ones in the Los Angeles area, check out Kooltint. (626) 285-5670.
    They also did the 3M Clear Bra for me.

6. RichBoy

RichBoy New Member

dont use a spray on tint.