1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius, Battery Recondition Idea After Reading Forum ALL DAY :)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by ArmyChief, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Peter123

Peter123 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Army Chief, thank you for your service. I just want to add a couple of things.
    First, Denso spark plugs have become iffy recently. I think that may be because Chinese knock-off artists have discovered them. I have been using NGK plugs without issue since some (alleged) Denso branded plugs failed on me within 5000 miles.
    Second while everyone here is focused on the drivetrain, I would like to point out that you can replace many of the exterior lights with LEDs. Prius' tend to burn out license plate lights, running lights, etc. That gets overlooked on a major service like you intend.

ArmyChief likes this.
  2. ArmyChief

ArmyChief Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Thanks Peter..my pleasure. Funny, ordered the OE Denso off ebay FROM A DEALER..guess what ?...Got the wrong ones ! :(. So, I had to purchase local and needed them now. Advance only had Autolite (two version of Autolite - OE Direct replacement (iridium fine wire $9 a plug & non-fine wire OE compatible $8). I bought the fine-wire. Guess what came out f this sled?... Champions !..I wouldn't use a champion in anything but pre-Diamler/FCA Jeep/Chryslers ! ;)

Oh, I have another thread on LED replacements..thing is..I haven't found or seen response with a DEFINATIVE list of Amazon part#'s for replacement or bulb numbers of the ones installed. So, I guess I'll have to do it one by ne and compile my own list. Of course I'll post it when completed.

Thanks again

3. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I used Bosch plugs, from autozone. About $7 each after veterans discount. :)
    Didn't have any problem with the first set I put in.

AzusaPrius and ArmyChief like this.
  4. kdfchannel

kdfchannel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    did you get this charger ??