1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Buyer... A Teen?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ptpiz, Feb 2, 2004.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wasn't a classic owner, but from what I think Dave is going to produce I'd definately wait for his back-up cam solution due to his ability to integrate so smoothly with the Prius AND cost AND the fact that other options (like AUX in, integrated XM, DVD/MP3 player, etc).
    --evan

2. kevinhnc

kevinhnc New Member

I had heard from almost every dealer I called that all dealerships in a certain region get the cars divided equally, approximately 2 per month for them, thus my eagerness to find a wait list with only a few people on it...is this allocation of cars information I got incorrect?

Kevin

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    AFAIK, unless your region is different, the cars are distributed based on previous sales. If you look at the recent post by Dianne on her allocations she gets a significantly larger percentage and base number of allocations than most other dealers due to the large number of prior sales she has. It still amounts to only 4-8 cars per allocation currently, but as the production picks up that number will increase. Thus, if you're number 30 on her list when she's getting 10 cars per month you'll wait about 3 months. If you're number 10 on a list getting only 2 per month you're going to wait 5 months.

There are lots of factors and variables--how many in front of you want package X--if none and your dealer happens to get a package X in then you'll get a car right away. Likewise, if you're #5 for a package Y and they don't get any package Y's in for several allocations you could wait a lot longer. How picky are you and the people in front of you about their package and color choice? That's why you hear stuff about people getting cars very quickly when they were told it would be months and also stories about people who are #2 on a list but their dealer hasn't gotten any Package Ws allocated at all.

It's a bizarre, confusing, unfair system further handicapped by the huge demand and low supply. That's a big part of the reason I'm such a proponent of keeping your options open as much as possible. Esp. when confounded by gold digging unfair greedy dealers that'll sell a car for much over MSRP completely ignoring thier list b/c they have no contractual obligation to sell to those on the list if someone else comes along with a thicker pocketbook. :(

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Pete - you might want to check out this thead before running to Best Buy to have it done. I've heard nothing and have had nothing but bad experiences using Best Buy for anything with my car.

http://www.priuschat.com/forums/viewtopic....highlight=sheet

Some different solutions are in there.

5. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    I have no interest in XM radio either. I would much prefer an aux input for my iPod as well.

So you guys just use Scotchguard spray? I never used anything in my 2001 and there are no stains anywhere. But if you recommend it I'll go pick up some.

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm not recommending anything - more just saying that it's a better alternative than Toyoguard. I have always had black/grey seats in my cars - no stains :)