1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius c Interior Photos Courtesy of Autos.ca

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Tideland Prius, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Honestly, I'm liking more and more the GII layout best of all so far. The flying bridge center thingie does make the cockpit feel more sporty, but I liked the space on the floor between the seats of the GII, and it lacked that source of rattles.

And that pull out drawer in the bottom of the console was a great trash receptacle, I thought. I really liked that feature.

I do like the relatively large rectangular hatch opening on the C, it's kind of like the one on my Fit (although the cargo area doesn't seem as tall). Curious about the rear seat folding mechanism, if the backrests are simply hinged at the bottom—a la the Yaris, for example—or there's something more going on. Perhaps the placement of the traction battery limits that functionality, I don't know.

Also wondering what will be the scheme for covering the area behind the seats for security purposes, if it'll be a shade like my GII used to have, or a hinged panel like the Fit's. The shade was easier to remove and store when carrying cargo, but the hinged panel is great for everyday operation. Curious also if either will be standard, or optional, like on the Fit.

I do know that the design of the instrument panel is really uninspired, and that's what the owner and passengers of the vehicle will be seeing most of. Perhaps those flatter surfaces are cheaper to manufacture(?) but in any case it's a bit of a let down after what I've seen of the exterior design.

In some ways, I wish it were more utilitarian on the outside, and really played up the inexpensive theme. Not quite VW Thing-ish, but at least "boxy but good." At the moment, the body seems to promise something different than the interior and powertrain would be designed to deliver.

It's not necessarily whether the ignition key hole is plugged or not, it's how that metaphor fits in with the rest of the car. And right now, for whatever reason, it's a bit jarring to me.

2. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

[​IMG]

i am struggling to see "generic" dashboard... it might not be leather covered, but certainly is not generic. IMHO, has more personality than G3.

3. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The only thing I really dislike about it's looks is that G3 looking steering wheel.

4. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

yeah, me too... i wonder how it looks in real life... i read in one of the reviews how it is small... doesnt look small to me :).

Btw, for those that complain about interior... here you go, upgrade!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah but it's a Prius c we're talking about, not the CT200h. We have to set appropriate expectations. You can't expect to see Camry or Avalon level of quality in a Yaris. They're aiming for a low starting price with this vehicle, not a premium subcompact (even though it'll have SKS and nav)

6. bdub

bdub New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I don't expect a high class interior from a 19k econobox. I'm not sure who could reasonably expect that. If you want a nicer interior, buy a more expensive car.

7. itssunnyv

itssunnyv New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I like how they got rid of the star-trek style center arm rest. Part of me would have waited a year to get a newer prius model. I love mine, but I am definitely a bigger fan of an open center area.