1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius c owner

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by priusWoW, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Phil 29 Palms CA

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2012 Prius C 2. I too love my little car! I am retired and do not commute to work. Therefore, my total mileage is low (2,260 miles) for 16 months on the road. I live in a small desert town and do most of my driving at low speed. My total mpg over the lifetime on the car is 62.1 MPG. I have a few tips for new Prius C owners. Reviewing the blogs (called threads) on priuschat.com is a good start. You will learn a lot about your new car from other Prius owners on the site. Also, go to youtube.com. Do not view the Prius C car review vedios. View the vedios on how to drive the Prius C for maxium MPG, These vedios will increase your MPG. Also, read your owners manual. So many answers to questions you my ask are found in the book. A must do. When you got your new Prius from the dealership it most likely had about 35 PSI in the tires. This was to give you a super soft ride home. Bad for MPG. Increase your tire pressure to 40 PSI If you drive on poor condition roads. If you are luckily and live with smooth surface roads you can go as high as 44 PSI. For safely, do not go above 44PSI. This will really help increase your MPG. A few other tips to increase MPG. Drive with the ECO Mode selected at all times for best MPG. Use the ECO Score screen to control your throttle input and monitor your control of the cars speed. Remember, when the EV indicator lamp is ON on the ECO Score screen, your are 100 % on battery power and driving for FREE. No gas consumption. If you are not driving at high speed (ie. on the freeway) the the iCE ( internal.combustion engine) gets it's best performance between 34 to 42 MPH. Below 34 MPH IS poor performance for the ICE powering the car with the EV indicator lamp OFF. In summary, drive as much as possible below 30 MPH with the EV lamp ON. When the HV battery drops below 2 indicator bars and the EV LAMP IS OFF, accelerate above 34 MPR to charge the HV battery. With 5 or more bars ON In the hybrid battery display back off on the accelerator peddle and turn ON the EV lamp light. Drive on battery power until the EV light goes OFf. Using this technique I have had over 100 MPG. I hope these tip will get the most from your Prius C. In short, the engineers at TOYOTA have create an outstanding and fun car to drive. Your driving skill and control determines your total MPG achieved. Most of all - ENJOY YOUR LITTLE CAR, Welcome to the Prius C club...

Mnmnlist, Ashlem and rcortespr like this.