1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius got smushed :(

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mrsboz99, May 8, 2008.

1. Genoz World

Genoz World ZEN-style living

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    MRSBOZ99, i'm concerned about a few things here. for that truck to hit you after crossing two lanes, it must have been traveling rather quickly.........i think anything under a few mph, anyone can catch up to it............so, the point is, did they check the frame?? you said the car moved 6 feet over.........that's a big impact. maybe the bumper absorbed the initial blow and there might be some hidden damage.

i also would NOT accept a one tire alignment, it must be a four wheel alignment.

i really wouldn't want anyone to touch my prius because of it's technology, little gadgets here and there, it's really an advanced car......i totally feel for you.

but that's my suggestion for you. be a stickler, dont settle for anything less than perfect. go over the fix once, twice and better yet, get another set of eyeballs to help you. seems like body shops like to promise the sun, sky, moon and stars, but oftentimes fall short to deliver the final product and might not be so enthusiastic to fix their goof-ups.

good luck, keep us posted

2. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The ins company should have sent for the Japanese development team and designer to supervise the operation! These are not just cars they are the future of the economy of the world!

3. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Glad to hear you have your car back after a weird accident. From your description I pictured a San Francisco-style hill and a torn-off back end, hatch and all, but it looks like a slow-roller with a gentle nudge at the end! :)

If you bought your car new, you shouldn't have to settle for anything less than like-new condition after a repair. I know you don't want to be without your car, but especially if it affects resale value (even if you don't plan to sell your car any time soon) then insurance should be taking care of you.

And if you come to the Boston area meet that's in planning (I saw your post in that thread) we can all take a look, act concerned, and offer contradictory advice. ;)