1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Handling Components to be available soon!!

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by BT Tech, Jun 8, 2005.

1. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Chassis Stiffening plates have arrived!!

I am happy to report that our chassis plates have finally arrived!! The finished product is beyond my expectations and the fit and finish is superb.

I will begin contacting those that are on my list within the next several days. If you have already placed your order but have not heard from me, please contact me!!

Below is an image showing our finished plate compared to the stock plate.

For more information, please click on the following link: http://www.priuschat.com/forums/new-prius-...oon-vt9445.html

2. mongo

mongo Junior Member

Brian, I sent you mail and I am still interested, but haven't heard anything yet. Are you ready to ship the plates?

3. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hello Mongo.. If you have contacted me by phone or email I should have your information but I always send a confirmation back. If you have not received any email from me, please send me your contact information so I can add you to the list.

Yes, the plates are here and will be ready to ship within the next day or so. I just need to finish up the installtion instructions and am waiting for the socket head stainless bolts.

Thanks!!

Brian
    BT Tech
    305-652-3115

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mongo\";p=\"108927)</div>

4. MHR

MHR New Member

Re: Chassis Stiffening plates have arrived!!

They look awesome - Great job!!
    Sent you a mail - I'm in! Can't wait.

Thanks
    Mike

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Is there a "top" and "bottom" to the plate or does it matter which way it's installed?

6. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yes, the plate does have a "top" and "bottom" If you look closely, you will see BT Technologies is inscribed on the plate. You will mount the plate so you can see this. Also, since the holes are recessed, if you installed the plate backwards, the bolts would be sticking out and not be flush with the plate.

Once you see it in person, it is very easy to figure out and install. I will have an instruction sheet though to make the installtion a breeze.

In this picture, you can clearly see the insignia and the recessed holes that I am referring to. (click on the image to enlarge)

Thanks!!

Brian
    BT Tech
    305-652-3115

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva\";p=\"108937)</div>

7. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Can you folks getting the first shipment please comment back here how it affects the Prius handling, salom times, skid pad, and the like? Preferably with double-blind tests. ;)

8. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Now *that* is a great pic. You can clearly see the difference between the two. Boy....the original Prius brace looks positively flimsy compared to the new replacement.

My car feels pretty 'stiff' and handles pretty well as it is, but I am looking forward to seeing if this modification makes a tangible difference. Maybe I'm just not that in tune with the car or just don't know any better. I'm all for stiffening up the frame.

Maybe I just don't feel this stuff because of my old car. My Prius rides smoother, is quieter and feels better than my 1996 Saturn. So as far as handling goes I have no complaints based on what I was comparing it too.

9. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Boy those look nice, can't wait to get one under my car. And for those that have expressed a desire for testing, etc., I have entered my '05 Prius in the next Formula 1 grand prix. I expect this component to figure strongly in my winning the race.......

Seriously, a component like this has to make a difference in the overall rigidity of the chassis. Toyota obviously felt the car needed some kind of bracing, thus the pathetic looking weakling they designed and installed. I am sure Brian's will be an improvement.

As an analogy, and this is kind of funny, I did the extreme dynamat insulation installation (say that 3 times real fast) and when I popped the door panels off I saw that Toyota had in fact installed some insulation/sound deadening material onto the inside of the door skin.....get ready.....the piece they installed to deaden noise and vibration is an approximate 8" square of material adhered to the middle of the door skin. It was nice that they did that.... I insulated the entire door skin and realized an appreciable quieting of road noise in my car.

So, Toyota's brace is a nice little piece, but Brian's is actually a beautiful piece.

10. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thank you for the kind words!! Like I mentioned, our stiffening plates really came out awesome!! We had an aerospace machine shop do the CNC machining for us and the finish is really superb.

For those that wish to PayPal us payment, please include your name and shipping info with your payment. The total cost is 150 plus 10 dollars shipping for a total of 160.00

Our Paypal account is: [email protected]

Thanks again and if anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Brian
    BT Tech
    305-652-3115

11. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Payment on the way.

Am I first?

Do I win something? (Autographed picture of Brian?)

12. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hello Godiva and thank you for your prompt payment!! Although you are not "first" you are certainly in the top 10!! :)

Now I WOULD provide you with an autographed picture but I don't want to scare you away now!!

Thanks!!

Brian
    BT Tech
    305-652-3115

13. popoff

popoff New Member

You could give her some of your points :)

14. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    that is a real bummer. what kind of aftermarket nav kit did you use? and did you get the codes by any chance?

15. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA\";p=\"109631)</div>
    :Wth:

16. popoff

popoff New Member

Hi Brian, got a projected shipping date yet?

17. BMcGraw

BMcGraw Member

I Second That Motion...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(popoff\";p=\"110594)</div>
    Yeah Brian, got a projected shipping date yet? I made a PayPal payment over three days ago. Just wondering! 8)

18. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Re: I Second That Motion...

Hello everyone.. Okay, here is the updated information that everyone is asking for!!

The plates, instructions and stainless bolts are now in stock and start to ship to everyone tomorrow!! I had to make a small modification to the plates which consisted of an additional machining operation on the CNC to make the plate a perfect fit. This delayed the shipping by one day but the end result is well worth it!!

Here is a picture of our actual production plate mounted on the car for everyone to see. Note how the bolts are recessed and flush with the plate for a nice tidy installation.

I still have several plates available from this production run so if you want one, please let me know.

** Please click on the below image for a closer look.. Please make sure that you maximize your window when the image loads for a full resoluton image**

Thanks!!

Brian
    BT Tech
    305-652-3115

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BMcGraw\";p=\"110604)</div>
    Yeah Brian, got a projected shipping date yet? I made a PayPal payment over three days ago. Just wondering! 8)[/b][/quote]

19. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I, for one, am very interested in hearing user feedback on this product. Particularly from other 'non-performance' drivers like me.

20. popoff

popoff New Member

Sorry Brian, I didn't mean to start something here. I know you said this week and I'm not pushing, just curious (and a little impatient.) :)