1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Handling Components to be available soon!!

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by BT Tech, Jun 8, 2005.

1. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    No worries Popoff.. I have been getting a ton of email about it and this is the perfect plact to post our progress...

I know exactly how it is to order something and then have to wait for it to be available. I have always found that as long as you keep an open line of communication about your progress, this keeps pretty much everyone happy and informed.

Thanks!!

Brian
    BT Tech
    305-652-3115

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(popoff\";p=\"110633)</div>

2. Rick Grahn

Rick Grahn New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Any user feedback yet?

3. popoff

popoff New Member

Not a word since the message to me dated July 26. :?:

4. Rowan

Rowan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have one ordered, once I get it I will let everyone know what I think. I imagine that Brian shipped them US mail and that will take a few days for people to get them.

5. BMcGraw

BMcGraw Member

Not Another One.....

I sent Brian an email on 7/28 stating:

"Hey There Brian,

Haven't heard anything since "hearing" that there was a one-day delay due to final modification. I hope you haven't learned your business sense from Coastal Dave! 8^)

Just wondering what the tracking # and ETA are. I got my confirmation from PayPal that you received my payment. I guess that's a good thing....."

Still no reply..... :cry:

Oh oh... I just noticed. They ARE both in Florida!

6. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Re: Not Another One.....

Hello everyone.. ALL pending ordershave been shipped today via UPS ground. I will have the tracking numbers by 6pm EST so please feel free to email me for your tracking info.

For all those that indicated PO boxes for your shipping info, your plates will be delivered to you via USPS as UPS does NOT deliver to PO Boxes.

I wanted to get these plates out earlier in the week but due to unforseen circumstances, was not able to. But c'mon guys, a few days late is not THAT bad is it?? :)

Thanks!!

Brian
    BT Tech
    305-652-3115

7. petteri

petteri New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm in South Florida also (Aventura) do you do installations also? I'm very interested in this project.

8. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Aventura?? Wow!! you are right around the corner from us!! Give me a shout at the office tomorrow and I can help you with the install.

Thanks!!

Brian
    BT Tech
    305-652-3115

9. LuckyP

LuckyP New Member

Has anyone received and installed this part? Is there any noticeable difference in performance?

10. popoff

popoff New Member

According to Brian, the pending orders were shipped last Friday. If that was the case, I'll have mine tomorrow.

It will be a few days before reports start trickling in.

11. popserge

popserge New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Glad to report to all that I just received my stiffener plate which Brian sent to me, in Virginia by snail mail.

It looks just like the picture, a nice piece of work. Mod sort of takes the finished look away but the whole thing will be out of sight anyway.

I'll probably install tomorrow or as soon as I get a chance to get to a lift or a pit.

12. 00Silverado

00Silverado New Member

Definitely keep us informed on any improvements :D That is indeed a nice looking piece though, and much beefier than the stock piece Toyota put in.

13. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Received mine today from UPS. It looks real slick, almost art :) . I'm touching up the last minute millwork with some matching black paint and will install either Friday or Sunday when I change the oil/filter and rotate the tires.

I do have two questions for you Brian. First would the use of blue thread lock sealant be advised, forbidden or do it if I feel like it? Second I noticed the slots for the bolts have some extra length, is there an adjustment factor we have to deal with or is that just for show?

Wayne

14. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hello Wayne and I am happy to hear that you received your new BT Tech stiffening plate today!!

If it makes you feel better, you can use blue locktite but it is not necessary. Please make sure that you use the correct amount of torque on the bolts when you do your final tightening.

I designed those slots into the plate for minor variations that are usually present from car to car. This will allow ample clearance and a perfect fit for a hastle free install.

Thanks again and please let us know when you get it installed!!

Brian
    BT Tech
    305-652-3115

15. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    well there was a knock at the door.. UPS dropped off a box... what could it be ... open... my plate... poke around... see bolts.. say a few choice words :cussing: .. head to Sears to get tool... ;)

I have inch, foot, 3/8's 1/2" torque wrenchs , and sockets out the waszoo.. but not a darn thing that would work with these bolts and my torque wrenchs... do now..

the hardest part to installing this plate... now where did I put those jack stands...

while under I see a , now what would you call it, post type of thing in the middle of the car just in front of the tire well... is this a jack point to lift the whole rear at once?

I think the car is more stable.. seems tighter side to side... but I am no race car driver... will see how she does in a West Texas Sand Storm...

Thanks great product the Toyota part sure is lite..

later

16. BMcGraw

BMcGraw Member

For anyone else performing this "procedure" or others where raising the car is necessary the recommended jack and support positions are to follow.

I wish I could comment on the "new" handling characteristics of my "mod by Brian" but my shipment that was due today won't arrive until tomorrow (they tell me). Train delay my !%*&#*$.... "UPS this!" A delivery I was expecting last week went out on the wrong truck. Can you say, "delivery was a day late?" :cussing:

But I regress. See attachment....

17. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, I don't own a torque wrench and I'm not buying one just to do this one thing so....so much for that.

Where on that diagram would the bracket be going? Just curious. Not curious enough to crawl under the car and look.

18. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    BMcGraw: thanks very much for the picture...

Godiva: If you lived near me I would to the work..

Later.. Ya'll

19. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am happy to see that a lot of you are now receiving your new BT Tech stiffening plates!! If you do not have easy access to a torque wrench, just be sure to make it nice and tight but do NOT overdue it!!

It seems that I did not make enough as there are more orders that are coming in than I anticipated. Currently, I have several stiffening plates left and will be doing another production run.

BTW, for those that are interested, I am almost ready to release another part which really goes well with the increased chassis stifness. It will be an aerodynamic piece for those that are curious!! :)

Pictures to follow shortly!!

Thanks!!

Brian
    BT Tech
    305-652-3115

20. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks, but I'm going to have my local mechanic who used to do my Saturn do it for me.

Unfortunately, he's on vacation for the entire month of August. He's German and still follows the European tradition.

So when the plate gets here....I have to wait a whole month.