1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius mpg

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by FLPRIUSIII, Jan 5, 2011.

1. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Here in the Delta my mileage dips to 40 in winter, climbs to 47 in spring and fall, and dips again to 42 in summer. So A/C is not as bad as the heater.

2. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wouldn't worry about the mpg with so few miles driven. My traction battery was about empty when I bought it. If yours was, too, then you are going to get low mpg for the first few miles.

3. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Fill tank to full, reset trip, get back to us after 50 miles. I am positive it will be much higher than 21.

4. ashishv

ashishv New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello All,
    i am in Maine and i drive close to 700 Miles a Week; i just bought Gen 3 PRIUS III with JBL+BT (no Nav); so far i have been able to get 46-47 MPG; i start my drive at 5:45 Am in the morning when the temp outside is hovering arnd 10-15 F.

i run my heater arnd 68, i am still learning to adjust from a running a CIVIC with Cruise control set at 76 to trying to learn how to drive a Hybrid; i was concerned first 2 days when i got just 42MPG (still 8 MPG better than my old 08'civic) but wasnt satisfied...
    Well i switched from Cruise control to more manual acceleration and zoop within a day i went from 42 to 48 MPG sustained for more than 120 miles.

i still question whether it will help to run the car idle for 5 mnts before driving early in the morning?

cheers

5. RufusNapkin

RufusNapkin New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Choosing quality gasoline also helps.