1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner - 2007 Touring addition

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by cdub1955, Apr 13, 2008.

1. cdub1955

cdub1955 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hello,.

I am a first time Prius owner. I have had a 2007 (purchased used with 16000 miles) for just 3 days. Right now I am getting just at 50 mpg, city. I have been 'practicing' disiplined driving habits for a little over a year, and as an example am getting consistently 27 mpg (city) on a 2007 nissan Altima 2.5

I am trying to understand the 'package' issue. I purchased this used from a non-toyota dealer (Honda actually). It is a touring package I am sure of that. here is what it has...maybe you can help me.

no rear camera, no GPS, no power seats etc

has Bridgestone Turanza tires, leather seats, on stearing column controls for audio, air, etc. Fog lights, although the lights do not come on automatically. Did some with some nice mats, and some what i woudl call 'all weather mats'. I like those by the way very nice to catch the junk from the road. I might look for those for all new vehicles I purchase.

the vehicle is silver.

Any ideas on what the 'package' would have been?

Thanks,
    Chris

2. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    does it have the jbl stereo system? it could possibly be a pkg 2 (no jbl) or pkg 3 (with jbl).

congrats on the purchase. i have a silver touring also.

3. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Congratulations on your Prius purchase. This may sound weird, but I think I have seen your Prius before, I remember looking through the Cars.com listings and seeing a 2007 Touring silver with 16,000 miles on it at a dealership in Lexington. My guess is the cars is a package 3 because if memory serves me right the car had JBL sound in it. The leather seats must have been a dealer install. Hope that helps.

4. Jiipa

Jiipa MGySgt USMC (Ret)

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congratulations and welcome to the forums. I hope you will enjoy your Prius as much as I do.

I would think that you have the base touring model since you don't have the back-up camera, which was added with package #1.

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Chris, I'm sorry but either you are mistaken or you need to make a trip to a Toyota dealer's service dept. ASAP.

Backup camera is included in ALL 2007 packages.

no nav--Standard package 1-4 and Touring package 1-3.

fog lights & hid headlights Standard package 4-6 and all Touring (1-6)

6 disk in dash cd changer Standard 3-6 and Touring 3-6.

Based on the lights and no nav you have a Standard 4 or a Touring 1-3. A Standard 4 is the same package as Touring 3.

The leather is aftermarket.

The camera should be covered under the 3year/36000 mile warranty.

Hope this helps.