1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius owner - 2013 Prius 4

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Half Vast, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Half Vast

Half Vast Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello. Just bought a 2013 Four with 81,000 miles on it. It was a one owner car that seemed to be well taken care of. The original owner took it to the same dealership every 5K miles. I'm looking forward to many miles from this car.

I am definitely a Toyota guy, always have been. I have owned (now gone), 1980 Corolla, 1987 Supra, 1995 Corolla, 1988 4Runner, 1993 4Runner. I presently own 2000 4Runner (362K miles), 2001 Tundra 4WD (237K miles) and a 2020 GR Supra (6k miles). I've wrenched on all except for my new Supra. I typically buy the factory manuals for the cars so that I can do my own maintenance.

Looking forward to learning about the nuances of the Prius and have read quite a lot of posts already in the 3rd Gen forum.

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome!

the achilles heal of gen 3's is the egr system. check out @NutzAboutBolts youtube video on cleaning the entire circuit and adding an oil catch can before your head gasket blows and you need a new engine.
    all the best!(y)

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You know most of those 80's and 90's cars if low mileage and in top condition are now selling at collector's auctions for $30K range these days... Who'd of thought that affordable economy cars would one day be worth big money? Lol!

4. Half Vast

Half Vast Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    @bisco , thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking on the site for some time and joined after getting the Prius. Tremendous amount of imformation and experiences on here. The OCC is one of the first things I'll be adding to the car. My one way commute to work is 62 miles (half Interstate and half city). Gas prices here, like everywhere else, are crazy. The Prius will help me cut down on gas expense.

@PriusCamper , you're right who'd of thought? I regretted selling the '80 Corolla about a year later ) had it about 6 years. I bought it used. I also regret selling the '95 Corolla (got it used) about 8 months ago. Sold it to a family friend who needed something to get back and forth to work. Ah, the choices we make sometimes!

bisco and PriusCamper like this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Post a few more times; I think you need about 5 posts minimum to be "in", and then I can pm you something.

6. Half Vast

Half Vast Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    @Mendel Leisk , thank you for that. I have clicked on the hyperlinks in your sig. Learning quite a bit about my, new to me, Prius. I think I got lucky with this particular Prius. It was one owner and was always serviced by the selling dealer. Well maintained and it shows.

Mendel Leisk likes this.