1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius owner as of today, just saying hello

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Hesko, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Hesko

Hesko New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After some SNAFU at the credit union, I finally took ownership of my first economical vehicle ever, a 2008 Prius Touring. I paid $6,500 after a little haggling with the dealership. It was a cab before I bought it, 308,000 miles, looks great, runs great, and an extremely extensive Carfax report was included. I have always been an SUV guy, but after I was T-boned in my 2008 Jeep Wrangler 4-door by some lady driver that ran a red light, I decided that I should be smart and look for a vehicle that gets better than 15 mpg. The Prius is surprisingly badass so far, a ton of fun to drive! I like the looks I have gotten so far with my fully tattooed arm hanging out the window of a nerdy Prius. Thanks to everyone on this forum for the great info shared that ultimately pushed me in the right direction.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    hello! and congrats. 300,000? wow! all the best!

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    lol... welcome aboard and enjoy the ride! Post a photo of your arm hanging out of the window.

4. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Or -- post a pic of the ride WITH your arm hanging out the window. AND a pic of the odometer. I haven't seen 300,000 on a Prius odometer -- YET!

By the way: Welcome!

5. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy.

6. Hesko

Hesko New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is it just me or do other drivers HATE on Prius drivers? I never noticed it until I started driving my Prius, but it seems like I get more dirty looks and tailgaters/swervers than I ever have before. It will definitely take a level of self-control to not drag some over-zealous jerk off out of their vehicle and embarrass them in front of the world! Anyone else experience this?
    Here are the pics requested.

photo (7)_e.JPG photo (6)_e.JPG

a priori and spiderman like this.
  7. Randomluv

Randomluv New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've noticed that too since I started driving my Prius but I have that "I don't give a damn 'tude" and just smile as they pass me because I know I'm going to be saving $$$ on my gas bill. :)

8. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Oh man, I was expecting so huge arm with huge biceps and an anchor or the jolly roger... oh well. ;)

9. Hesko

Hesko New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Lol, a Jolly Roger waving on the back of the Prius would be sweet! MPGs would probably go down a bit, but it would be worth it haha!