1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius owner. Complete n00b at this hybrid stuff.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by RWatters, Mar 7, 2013.

1. RWatters

RWatters Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Greetings all on PriusChat. I thought I'd post up here to say hello before I go back to lurking and reading. I bought my wife a 2010 Toyota Prius III a few days ago and since then I've been doing all of the reading I can on it. It's quite the techy car compared to what we've owned in the past.

We traded in a 2009 Honda Civic LX sedan on it. We had bought it because my wife loves my car (I own a 2007 Honda Civic Si sedan) and wanted one for her own. We decided on it because of the cheaper price for how new it was, that it came certified used, and that it'd get decent gas mileage. 8 months into ownership, however, neither of us were impressed with the car. Compared to my Si the build quality was terrible and we just weren't liking it very much. Plus, owning two of the same car means that the better one (mine) always gets driven while the other one (hers) sits at home in the garage. New car time. "Let's do it right this time," I said. "What's the one car you've always wanted?" "A Prius!" she replied.

So here we are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm a sporty car kind of guy, so I wasn't a huge fan of the car at first. That said, I'm warming up to it. It's a very advanced car, and the geek in me really likes that. Compared to the Civic we got rid of, the oomph wasn't reduced that much either.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello. I might not post much but that's because I have a lot of learning to do!

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three