1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius owner here...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 240sxer, Jan 19, 2006.

1. 240sxer

240sxer New Member

Also, about PC getting some of the money. Maybe we should have a donation thingie, so people like me who saved money because of this can donate some $$ if they want.

I run a fairly large internet forum also, it's not really all THAT expencive. The few google ads should easily pay for it. But we can do them a favor by CLICKING on em.

2. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I just got my White 06 option 6 at Sierra too. I got the same lame $595 "protection" package. The guy admitted that all it protected is their profit when selling at list price. At least he was honest when I called him on it during the Dealer Survey. I prefer upfront gougers over the sneaky ones. I saw a similar accessory package for $69 at some site. My estimate was $50. (+ $545 labor???)
    Anyway, I love the car. As a current Subaru owner (96 Outback and '00 Impreza RS) i would prefer better handling, but the performance is certainly satisfactory for my commute. First tank 45.5, second is looking like about 48, so I'm happy. I like the comfort and quiet that the Subes don't have. We will take it to Vegas (from LA) next month, and wonder how it handles the climbs going there. It does fine on the SFV to Irwindale 210 hills I do every day.

I do have real concerns about the beige upholstery staying clean. The Subes held up fine with no stains, but they are Gray, and Black. I really wanted gray inside, but no choice without unknown wait. Turns out 1 week later another dealer had one with Silver/Gray, same options, no Protection pkg at list price. Oh well, I'm still happy :)

3. 240sxer

240sxer New Member

That's what mine is. Silver with Gray interior. They were trying to give me the BS about not getting what I want in but I told them i'll just wait. Then they said I might not get one and I said that was fine. They were trying to push this green one they had on me. A day later they said they had one in like I was looking for. Sometimes it seems like they just have them in the back and try to pretend they can't get them in. Because they had the exact one I was looking for right away.