1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius owner in Ireland!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by EtN, Feb 27, 2008.

1. EtN

EtN Irish-Italian Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks ktoepp!!

I think I'm going to leave those things on at the moment, as I'm parking in quite a small space (my parking slot is still occupied by the wreck of the dearly departed MG) and I'm in constant fear of kerbing the alloys :p

Converted into American numbers, I'm doing approximately 45MPG with *no* effort at all and my wife to be loves the car. It's big and safe (I know in America the Prius is a midsize at best but look at the size of Ireland...eheh) and I had no problems whatsoever negotiating the steep inclines and declines of the infamous car park in the city centre :). Who said automatics aren't good? Might have been the case 10 years ago but the CVT is an absolute peach for my driving style (which is kinda relaxed, has to be said).

Tony

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. EtN

EtN Irish-Italian Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

Wow thanks Boo (is the name picked off Monster, Inc? I like that movie). Yep, I can peek at the grey wheels behind the covers, it's exactly like the one in the pic, thanks a lot! Even the tires themselves are the same, Bridgestone Turanza (not a fan of the brand, my old car was on 17in 215 low profile Good Year Eagle F1 that basically were able to slow the car before I ended up in a ditch, thus changing the scenario from "six foot under" to "walk away from it".
    I understand the need to economize, lads, but really, pay close attention to your tires as they're the last link between you and the tarmac.

Tony