1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner...lovin’ it, except the few issues I have.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by MrJamtastic, Feb 5, 2019.

1. MrJamtastic

MrJamtastic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    Good day. Finally, after searching for a good used Prius I finally found what I have been dreaming about. 2007 Base, 130,000 miles. Runs very well. Pretty happy with it...except for an issue that has now happened twice. Start the car and no instrument lights. Through a search here I discovered that by pulling the large white plug on the batter solved that problem. It’s happened twice now in 2 months. So, first question...what’s causing this! Second question. Auto window switch not functioning properly. Any suggestions or guidance would be most appreciated. Thanks very much!

2. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    #2 Skibob, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This will happen every time you pull the large white plug on the battery, as every time you do that you are removing power to the car.

You will also loose the trip A/B info as well as the average MPG on the Energy Monitor screen and your radio presets.

If the 12 volt battery is disconnected or run down, the power window may not operate automatically and the jam protection function will not function correctly after you reconnect, replace or recharge the 12 volt battery. In any of these cases, you should reinitialise the power window.

To reinitialise the power window:
    1. Push down the power window switch and lower the window halfway.
    2. Pull up the switch until the window closes and hold the switch for a 3 seconds.
    Make sure that the window now opens and closes automatically.

DesktopDave and Skibob like this.