1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner - Photos and First Impressions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tucquan, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Tucquan

Tucquan New Member

Hi all,

My wife and I bought our first Prius and took delivery before this past weekend. Here's a photo of her and the car in front of the dealership before we drove away.

[​IMG]

And here's a shot of the odomoter reading before we left the lot with just one mile on the car :D

[​IMG]

We took the car for a shakedown road trip this past weekend from Lancaster County, PA to Rickett's Glen State Park in Pennsylvania, which is about 30 miles north of Bloomsburg. We traveled from 400 feet above sea level to a peak of 2500 feet, weaving up and down the Appalachian range. We also intermixed a little bit of city driving near the hotel and restaurants.

The car was a real pleasure to drive. We now have about 400 miles on the car and we averaged 52.5 mpg although there was a 90 mile stretch where we averaged 60.1. This section was mostly flat with speeds from 45 to 55 mph, babying the gas pedal all the way.

Thanks to all the good information I'd read on this site prior to purchase, I was well informed when negotiating with the dealers and well prepared at our first attempt at hypermiling. Speaking of which, prior to our purchase my wife didn't think she'd be into hypermiling techniques but she quickly changed her mind and has become quite proficient. It's fun to see how many mpg's you can get instead of how quickly you can get there ;)

Cordially,

Wayne

2. hwalker911

hwalker911 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welcome to the gang, and Happy Motoring!

3. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Good job picking a car that will look good being driven by your wife! :D
    Nice color.
    Welcome to the club :)

4. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Nice looking! The car's not bad either. :)

Welcome to PriusChat and Prius-dom!

5. Tucquan

Tucquan New Member

Thanks for the nice comments. Both the car and my wife are beatuies!!

Wayne

6. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tucquan @ Jul 2 2007, 02:40 PM) [snapback]471807[/snapback]</div>
    I'm color blind so maybe the match isn't as good as it appears to me. But did your wife --purposely-- wear a matching color shirt?

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    welcome and congratulations!