1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Johnnycat, Apr 7, 2014.

1. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hate to bust your bubble dude, but those wheels are NOT aftermarket. Genuine Toyota Product.

Here is the poop on them straight from the dealer. Contact your local Toyota dealer and see if you can get them. The one's I have are wrapped with the sweet Michelin Primacy's that are choice LRR tires.

Ron (dorunron)

OEM Prius Wheel Info.jpg

DSC01548.JPG

hybridbear likes this.
  2. Skuits

Skuits Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What MPG's do you get w/ the factory 17"?

Any idea what the wheels weigh?

iPhone ? which leaves this annoying signature behind

3. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome to the prius family.

VS980 4G ?

Johnnycat likes this.
  4. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Skuits,

If you are asking me about MPG figures, I suggest you click on my fuelly that is in my signature file below. It details each and every fill up along with information in the yellow box which concerns read outs and temps at the time of each refuel. I have also added a link in the next paragraph you can click on if you so choose.

Our New Prius (Toyota Prius) | Fuelly

I can say this much right now. I am still in the process of "breaking the car in", so I expect the MPG to actually be higher once the odometer reaches 5,000 to 10,000 miles on it. Presently, I feel the Prius is operating 100% normally and is approaching the EPA estimates for the Prius. According to my fuelly records, the first 1000 miles was slightly below the EPA estimates, however after that the Prius is now truly beating all three of the estimates that the EPA publishes for the 2013 Prius. I can truly say this. I am getting a lot better MPG on the highway at 70 miles per hour than I would have gotten out of my old Gen II Prius travelling the same highway under similar conditions. City MPG is about the same as the old one, but the highway is much better. I can drive faster on the highway with the Gen III and get better MPG than I could with my older Gen II model.

I do not know how much the wheel weighs. I would suggest you contact Toyota for the information. You will find all of the information in a previous post within this string which pictures the wheel and the technical specifications thereof.

Have a great day. I note you recently joined Prius Chat. With that said, I have to add "Welcome to Prius Chat".

Ron (dorunron)

5. PriusIA

PriusIA New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Johhnycat - very nice car! I'm going to be in the market for the same thing and would even like it if it had the tow hitch to put the bikes on! Your paint really pops. What did you end up paying, I've seen prices all over the range for fives with little rhyme or reason. Then there are the cars listed as fives and are actually two's!

I didn't realize that reason for the headlight washers with LED headlights, makes sense. Thanks for the info!

6. Johnnycat

Johnnycat New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five

Hi PriusIA,

We paid 20K for it, not including tax, lic, and the ext warranty, etc... We have been looking for a while and this one was about 7-8K less then everywhere else locally.

7. hybridbear

hybridbear Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    We also have the 17-inch wheels. Check out our Fuelly link for our fuel economy by tank.

8. GBC_Texas_Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Wish I had a tow hitch. The bike rack I have is ok. Rather use my tow hitch rack.