1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius -- what type -- why?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Stevewoods, Nov 14, 2019.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i posted :coffee:

vvillovv likes this.
  2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Birds of a feather.....

3. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Different role models are showing me very different results. (Step-) dad had no recent male ancestors reach their 62nd birthday, and was expecting to expire about then. Modern medicine has given him an extra quarter century, but not having a plan for anything resembling that, he isn't handling it very gracefully.

An aunt at 98 hasn't yet outlived her mother, and isn't long beyond her father. But she took better care of her health, carefully picked a senior-friendly environment, and planned her care long ago. Though very fragile now, she was still thriving well into her 90s.

She is our role model. If only (step-) dad had paid attention to what she was doing ...

4. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    All of my people hang out in the deep end of the gene pool.
    If they don't cancer out by 80, they usually go just shy of 100.

I'm planning on driving to my centennial, but as a concession to my advancing years I may be forced to use a car instead of a motorcycle.
    One of my favorite uncles (not biologically related) used to do the most amazing things with his geezer-scooter.
    My Aunt (80's and still fully independent and will be for the foreseeable future) had to buy an identical scooter---MUCH to her embarrassment, just to be able to keep up with him when he wound up somewhere she couldn't follow in a car.

I eat mostly plant based and use a fitness tracker to try to stay in shape (I thought round WAS a shape!) and I keep feeding my brain and chasing grand-kids.

We'll see....

The mortality rate for humans is still 100-percent!.

5. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Think like a kid with 60 more years left. Can you imagine what this world will be like in 2080? Get a Tesla for the wifey and yourself. New or Used.

That's how I look at the current sit che a shion. At very least put it in the bucket list. It may grow on you and the wife (if she is at all interested ) over time, like it has with me.
    Look at the changes Tesla has made in the last 5 years !

#25 vvillovv, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019