1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius - Wrecked

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by PalominoPrincess, May 17, 2011.

1. TonyK51

TonyK51 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ya, we miss our 1982 Honda Prelude, but having the Prius IV with moon roof helps. :D

Glad things are moving forward. I still suffer issues from too many wrecks (people hitting us) and insurance companies are pricks. First one, the adjuster said people suddenly felt better when they got the check. My wife looked at him and said we would have gladly paid that money to the other drive to NOT hit us. Shut him up pretty fast.

2. PalominoPrincess

PalominoPrincess New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I still grin like a fool while driving the "new" new Prius. I adore the sunroof and the solar cooling is awesome. I have formed a much larger attachment to this car than the one that just totaled, even in just the few days I've had it.

When looking for this one, our sales guy was the one who does all the dealer to dealer trades for this branch. It turns out the car I had (the totaled one) was not the car he'd Tried to swap in for me originally. The one I took right off the delivery truck was not for me. He had one coming in from another dealer for me the next day. So he had to cancel a swap with another dealer when I took the "wrong" car. It struck me when he told us that, that car was never supposed to have been mine. It may seem silly, but I believe all things happen for a reason. I feel like now, I have "my" car!

3. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    +1.

I tried and tried to sell our RAV4 last year, craigslist, autotrader, etc. It has 150,000 miles on it but still drives like new. The only offers I was getting was from shady exporters, in spite of a price that was less than $1000 over wholesale trade-in. One week after the ads expired, we got hit broadside and rolled the Sequoia. We were so happy that we still had the RAV, because we really needed a "utility" vehicle at the time, and concluded that he was never meant to be sold.

4. wesayso

wesayso Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Carma. :)

5. cap160

cap160 Older Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Wow, I'm sorry for your misfortune. I'm happy you and yours are all OK. :):)
    It's looks like a boarderline call, I mean it's was probably worth a couple of hundred more than when you took possession. I mean with all the gas prices and the state of Japan"s industry:frown:

6. kklin

kklin New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Glad all things turned out fine - God bless.

I had my days-old new car (a Maxima) badly damaged at the dealership while doing extra options and coatings. It was a bad feeling I understand.