1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ports, Jan 10, 2006.

1. ports

ports Junior Member

This is my first post and have a couple of questions. First I would like to thank all the members of prius.chat for the valuable information I obtained. It made my decision to buy a prius very easy. I picked up my silver pine mica package 6 last week and me and my wife just love it. :D Does anyone know if you can get mud guards to fit the 06 prius? I would love to protect the finish as much as possible. I'm sur that I will have other questions as I experiment with my prius. No better way to find out first hand information than from prius owners. Many thanks. Ports

2. Owen

Owen New Member

This is my first post. I picked up my Silver Pine Mica Prius 06 last Wed. I love it. It seems like it is the epitome of a rationalized approach to car design. We have made a few short trips and we are getting about 45 mpg. Seems comfortable.
    Owen

3. justinc

justinc New Member

Welcome! I have not purchased the mud guards myself, but this link was posted last week on where we can purchase them. Please let us know how you like them.

http://www.metrotpn.com/ProductDetails.asp...=86&SortIndex=7

4. JMcPhee

JMcPhee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I just ordered mine. UPS ground. will report when installed. minor drilling required???? ugh!

5. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Don't worry, you are drilling on plastic parts. When I first saw that I was worried about rusting.

6. ports

ports Junior Member

Thanks for getting back so fast. I checked out the site you posted. I don't like the idea of having to drill into my new prius. Someone replied by saying you are drilling into plastic, not metal?? That would work. If I find out more, I'll get back. Thanks again, Ports

7. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Right, I installed mudflaps on my 05. The parts where you drill the holes on your car is actually plastic. And the installation is pretty easy. I think I posted the instructions somewhere on the site, might be lost after the crash.

Here's the instructions I got from an ebay seller for installing mudflap on a Corolla. But the steps should be the same for the Prius.

8. ports

ports Junior Member

Thanks for the information Scotty. Ports

9. HyDee

HyDee New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ports and Owen ENJOY!!! :)

10. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

These are $49 plus shipping. I ordered them in advance of my Prius arrival...

http://www.sigmaauto.com/jdm/prius/prius0405.php

11. bgsnow

bgsnow New Member

Hi. I have been driving my prius for two weeks now and getting an average of 53 mpg. I have a 40 mile round trip commute to work. I can go either via highway or backstreets. My car is a 2005 black with dk grey leather interior. I bought the rubber prius floor mats a couple of days ago on-line for $50 and they're nice. You can buy the mud flips too. Now all I need is a bike rack.

Good luck with the car, you'll love it.

bgsnow