1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Radio ...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Zeppo Shanski, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Zeppo Shanski

Zeppo Shanski Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So ... one of the very few complaints I have with my car is the junky stock radio. Is there a general favorite inexpensive replacement that will not mess up my dashboard with it's installation? The first (only) one I've looked at is this one with these speakers. The prices are good so that's good with me. Any suggestions from any audio experts?

JVC KD-X260BT
    Kenwood KFC-1666S

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    TIA for your help.

2. bobodaclown

bobodaclown Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    There's room for a double din radio. One thing you need is a 69ohm terminating resistor. If you don't have navigation check out a px5 unit. Pretty nice Android unit. There's some good write-ups on replacing t the headunits. Non jbl is easier from my understanding. Also get a harness kit so you don't have to cut wires.

3. Zeppo Shanski

Zeppo Shanski Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Are you telling me that you don't just take the old one out and plug the new one in? Every time I've done this before I just pulled out the old radio and swapped the wires one-by-one to the new radio. Then just push it into it's spot and wrap it up.

4. Paul Schenck

Paul Schenck Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Use your phone.

iPhone ?

mathewjg likes this.